background checks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so...........exactly how am I, an unlicensed individual, supposed to make a "background check" on you, an unlicensed potential buyer?

oh wait.....is this another part of the economic stimulus package? Lets create more bureaucracy and spend more money to accomplish nothing

IMHO

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I'm assuming they plan on pre-programming the NICS backgorund number into all the Obama-phones to make it easier for the street thugs to comply? Yeah - that should do it.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so...........exactly how am I, an unlicensed individual, supposed to make a "background check" on you, an unlicensed potential buyer?

oh wait.....is this another part of the economic stimulus package? Lets create more bureaucracy and spend more money to accomplish nothing

IMHO

Just like california. All firearms transfers must be done through and registered by a ffl.

jcole1272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, the FFL's would have to log the transactions in and out of their A&D books and charge the $10 to $35 for the Form 4473 and transfer fee paperwork....similar to the way online purchases are done today (ie shipped to your preferred FFL and they do the paperwork for you)???

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, the FFL's would have to log the transactions in and out of their A&D books and charge the $10 to $35 for the Form 4473 and transfer fee paperwork....similar to the way online purchases are done today (ie shipped to your preferred FFL and they do the paperwork for you)???

If it goes through FFL it's not a private sale anymore - a Federal agent gets to tell you YES or NO, arbitrary, with no remorse or consequences to either answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom