Bacon: chewy or crispy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you like your bacon?

• crispy

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • chewy

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • In my mouth

Votes: 39 30.0%

• Total voters

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bacon was my background on Google+ until a bunch of PETA hippies reported me and they deleted it.

Anyway I like the thick cut bacon, not the sliced bricks you get, I mean real bacon. It should be crisp but not crunchy.
Your throw a 1oz piece of real bacon on the grittle and you get back a .8oz piece of bacon.
You throw this store "bacon" on the grittle and you end up with a pan full of useless grease and half the "bacon" you started with.

I've heard it called Arkansas thick-cut and a couple of other things. But talking to an ex-pat Brit, that thick cut is how bacon is sold most places in Britain and Europe. Also that Britain is not part of Europe, unless they're saying good things about Europe, and in that case for the duration of that discussion Britain is part of Europe.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should be firm but not crunchy. It still needs to be juicy with every bite.

Wright brand thick cut FTW.

The blue and gold thick cut is excellent as well but tougher to come by.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should be firm but not crunchy. It still needs to be juicy with every bite.

Wright brand thick cut FTW.

The blue and gold thick cut is excellent as well but tougher to come by.
That about covers it. If it's crunchy, it's burned, and burned food is not Good Eats. I'm also in for Wright thick-cut bacon, and it saddens me that none of my co-workers have kids in FFA, so I've not had Blue & Gold products in years. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made venison meat loaf tonight with (obviously) venison, ham, Italian pork sausage and Yes, bacon.

pre cooked the bacon, and mixed it with the ham, venison, sausage onion, bell pepper, egg, fresh crushed garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, egg and bread chunks. I don't like the bacon uncooked in the recipe.

Finished it on broil with a glaze of Head Country BBQ sauce, and some cayenne pepper. Good eats!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive got a degree in philosophy. I have studied the questions of bacon exhaustively. I have concluded bacon, whether chewy or crispy, is neither good nor bad.

Bacon is just bacon, however, the correct answer is "in my mouth".

Oh blue n gold is best and chewy is my preference.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That about covers it. If it's crunchy, it's burned, and burned food is not Good Eats. I'm also in for Wright thick-cut bacon, and it saddens me that none of my co-workers have kids in FFA, so I've not had Blue & Gold products in years. :(

You have to really want it.
http://blueandgoldsausageco.com/oksell.html

Jones kawanis Club
Soldier Creek Natural Notes
Those be the two closest to you at the moment.

There are three places in Tulsa currently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom