Bacon in chili?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are having a birthday party for my grandson this evening (he's 6) and I'm making a pot of chili.

I've never really made my chili the same way twice...you know, a dash of this, a whisper of that, but I always use basically the same ingredients: a pound of deer, 2 pounds of beef, about a half a pound of Blue & Gold sausage, grilled onions, a clove or two of fresh garlic, chili powder, black pepper and Lawry's to taste, tomato juice and Ro-Tel tomatoes.

This year, I thought about maybe dicing up four or five strips of bacon and searing it up with the other meats. Whatcha think? Does anybody else do this? I figure bacon makes everything awesome, right?

Your thoughts and comments please.

:thanku:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd absolutely fry up some bacon and crumble it into the chili. Never don't that myself, but you can bet its going to get tried out with the next pot of chili we make.
Sounds like a tasty add-in.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm... I've got some brats I picked up from the German deli in Tulsa, or I'd probably be making chili tomorrow. Sounds good. I would do it today, but I gotta go to a robotics competition to support The Boy. Looks like I won't be making it to Wanenmacher's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom