Bad customer services - What should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that how that works? Interesting.

It does to me. Of course, that means I dont have these types of issues ordering stuff online either.

I own a business and all of my customers are local. If one of them has a problem, even if the fault lies completely with them I go out of my way to make it right. This usually costs me money and time. As I see it though, it will cost a lot more money and time to ignore the problem or be flippant in my response to the situation.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
if you were wanting a ftf pickup, why pay in advance??? exchange cash when picking up

I've ordered stuff from local companies like Home Depot, Walmart, Target, Lowes and several others that have certain prices that are only for online orders but avail for local pick-up. Stupid? Yes. Does it happen? All the time.

Two weeks ago I went to Home Depot to look at a freezer they had. I went online and went through the order process and seen the final price. Went to the dept register and had the sales clerk ring it up and it was 19.00 cheaper ordering it online. So I ordered it online and selected local pick-up and saved 19.00..

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
It does to me. Of course, that means I dont have these types of issues ordering stuff online either.

I own a business and all of my customers are local. If one of them has a problem, even if the fault lies completely with them I go out of my way to make it right. This usually costs me money and time. As I see it though, it will cost a lot more money and time to ignore the problem or be flippant in my response to the situation.

Sounds like you run a company that would take care of this situation. I applaude you for that.

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the perspective, guys.

It is a bit of a miss on both sides, but it was the attitude and general lack of responsiveness which caused me concern.

I wanted to reserve my "widgets" because they are in short supply, but their order form didn't have any sort of "pick-up" option. My only recourse was to order with a shipping address with a note requesting local delivery.

It was just a bad situation all around...

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's not uncommon to see a company not have a local pickup option. Many companies don't have a store front, don't have a sales force, don't even have a cash register.

Perhaps the right thing to do would have been to contact them first to see if they would entertain a local pickup instead.

UMB is right though. the right thing to do is help the customer. I've also lost a little money with one customer by eating their mess up, but in the long term, it's the right thing to do. after all, the seller is supposed to be the "professional side" of the transaction, and I get that.

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what bothered me most was the lack of responsiveness and then the smart-mouthed comment.

I knew it was sunk money, but if I had been the seller, I would've at least offered a coupon or discount to try and make the situation "taste better", even if I didn't feel it was my issue.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
File it with your CC company anyway. Ordered, charged, never received. Let them figure it out. Depending on the card and whatever "purchase protection" program they have in place you might come out with something out of it. Worst that can happen is they tell you you're out of luck.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried sending a note to the address that the delivery was made to? Was the merchandise some thing any one would use or a specialty like gun parts? Big ticket or small ticket?

FedEx has never seemed to be able to figure out where my home is, in fairness to them, it looks like it should be on a east/west street but it's on a north/south street. The north / south street dead ends in to my barn so it is kind of misleading.

And the comment showed a real lack of respect to me also. You wonder if they would have the nerve to make the same comment face to face. It's a lot easier to be uncivil on the internet than in person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom