Bad customer services - What should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is unfortunate my question became such a lightning rod because I was only trying to get a perspective check, which I did. There were many good points made on both sides.

My intent was to sanitize the conversation and protect the seller so this could be a true conversation without anyone else being identified except for me.

The initial issue was totally and completely my fault for ordering and getting the wrong address into the order.

It was the lack of responsiveness and quality of customer service that I needed perspective on.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make a call and avoid all the confusion OP... Stuff I want to pick up I call for so that I can make sure that was clearly conveyed. J&K bullets is not open on saturday? Did I miss something other than a written request without you make sure of the confirmation of pick up?

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
If you made the request in the comments section of your order and have an email confirmation of your order showing the comments, I would proceed with CC dispute. If the seller has a comment section on his order form, it is the seller's responsibility to check that section before proceeding. Sounds like someone dropped the ball and shipped without checking the comments.

Just out of curiosity, what was the ball park $$$ amount of this order? Just curious what amount it took for this seller to not try and make a positive out of a negative. Not saying he should have footed the whole amount, but even a offer to split the difference would be fair given the circumstance.

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want to make additional smart ass comments about expecting a retailer to ship to the address I give him instead of the address I sent via telepathy.

Close enough.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you made the request in the comments section of your order and have an email confirmation of your order showing the comments, I would proceed with CC dispute. If the seller has a comment section on his order form, it is the seller's responsibility to check that section before proceeding. Sounds like someone dropped the ball and shipped without checking the comments.

Just out of curiosity, what was the ball park $$$ amount of this order? Just curious what amount it took for this seller to not try and make a positive out of a negative. Not saying he should have footed the whole amount, but even a offer to split the difference would be fair given the circumstance.

so the seller should shell out money already spent?>??? seller did his part... now he should pay again.... mindreader comes to play..

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the stuff actually ended up?

How was it shipped? USPS, UPS, Fedex , carrier pigeon, camel train?

Is it possible it went to the wrong (right) address and was taken back to a central delivery point?

Was it a signature required delivery?

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
so the seller should shell out money already spent?>??? seller did his part... now he should pay again.... mindreader comes to play..

My comments are based solely on the fact that the buyer stated in the comment section that he wanted to pick-up locally. If that is truly the case, the seller didn't do his part.

I work for a company that eats A LOT of product for the sake of keeping our customers happy. Does it suck? Yep. Is it a necessary evil in the business world? Yep. Is the seller obligated to do anything to remedy the situation? Nope

I guess it all depends on how much you care about your customers. I personally would have eaten the cost a and set aside another order for pick-up if my employees didn't catch the comments section of the order form.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I side with Mitch on this. I feel the buyer was expecting J&K to do something they are not set up for. (online order, local pickup) Having owned an online business I can see both sides and feel there was no bad customer service, just bad communication on the buyers part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom