Baghdad gun shops thrive after Iraqi rethink on arms control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF ONLY THE GUN GRABBERS/HATERS HERE COULD LEARN FROM THIS.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-i...r-iraqi-rethink-on-arms-control-idUKKCN1L40DN
Baghdad gun shops thrive after Iraqi rethink on arms control
August 19, 2018 / 7:15 AM / 2 days ago
Reuters Staff
…"The latest initiative came into force this summer and allows citizens to own and carry handguns, semi-automatic rifles and other assault weapons after obtaining official authorisation and an identity card that also details the individual’s weapons."...
…"“Customers are mainly men, but the number of women buyers is growing,” said Maher inside his shop, where a variety of pistols and assault rifles are on display."...
…"Pistol prices in Maher’s shop range from $1,000 (784.13 pounds) to $4,000, while Kalashnikov assault rifles can be had from as little as $400 up to $2,000, depending on the brand and manufacturing origin, he said."...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading the article, the Iraqi buyers have to have official government paperwork and deal with the government having the information of all the guns that an individual owns. I think they might be going a bit far, and it may even be what gun grabbers in this country would like America to look like.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading the article, the Iraqi buyers have to have official government paperwork and deal with the government having the information of all the guns that an individual owns. I think they might be going a bit far, and it may even be what gun grabbers in this country would like America to look like.

I agree to some extent, but IIRC anyone wanting a Class 3 license has to get the OK from the local sheriff's office and then fill out the ATF form----which is pretty much the same thing. Thank heavens it's not required for rest on the 4473s.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back up the bus, Gus!!!! So you're tell'n me that most of those folks over there that I see on the evening news are ---- carrying illegally??!! Who'd of thunk it?

(Being cynical and smartassy helps keep me outa the care of paid professionals...…..)

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree to some extent, but IIRC anyone wanting a Class 3 license has to get the OK from the local sheriff's office and then fill out the ATF form----which is pretty much the same thing. Thank heavens it's not required for rest on the 4473s.

A law enforcement signature is no longer required and there is really no such thing as a "Class 3 license"......there is a $200 transfer tax for most items.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what the law has been, but a quick google search will tell you that Iraq is and has been one of the most heavily armed societies on earth. Comparable to Yemen and Somalia. Even when Saddam was there. Looks like guns are gonna be "legal" now.
Back up the bus, Gus!!!! So you're tell'n me that most of those folks over there that I see on the evening news are ---- carrying illegally??!! Who'd of thunk it?

(Being cynical and smartassy helps keep me outa the care of paid professionals...…..)

Last edited:

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The IIS under Saddam had a master list of all the weapons a person had in the bathe party or anyone a member of the bathe Party knew, and since you were either in the Party or you didn't eat that list was pretty extensive.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A law enforcement signature is no longer required and there is really no such thing as a "Class 3 license"......there is a $200 transfer tax for most items.

Thanks for the info. My recollection was in error. Since I never dealt with any full autos, I new about the stamp but was confused on the license.

Latest posts

Top Bottom