Beans in chili, where do you stand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beans in chili, yes or no?

• Yes, mmm... tasty!

Votes: 126 64.3%
  • No, yucky!

Votes: 51 26.0%
  • Don't care, I only eat bacon.

Votes: 9 4.6%

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Either way it isBush's fault.

Votes: 19 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother told me that my father grew up eating his chili with no beans and preferred it that way but when we were young they always made a pot of brown or pinto beans to add to the chili more for the economics of feeding 7 kids than taste. Makes sense. If I had 7 kids to keep fed we would for sure be eating some horse meat. The 2 I have at home now could eat a 2lb batch chili between the 2 of them if I let em.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and there are bean sandwiches. Anyone ever tried that one?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

My fav growing up was pinto bean and baloney sandwich with 1000 island ............ mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm

and REAL chili hath no bean but a bottle of DARK beer added a couple minutes before serving is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

worked with a yankee who made chili with beans, mustard, and PEANUTS????????????? then got PO'd when nobody would eat it.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
makin' some chili today, recipe below.:.:.

SPata's chili(stolen from my moms restaurant)
2lb lean ground chuck
2lb ground pork
45oz canned tomato, chunked
45oz canned tomato, diced
15oz tomato paste
30oz tomato sauce
30oz bush's kidney beans, seasoned, drained, washed
30oz bush's pinto beans, seasoned, drained, washed
1 really big onion, chopped
1 med green bell pepper, chopped
3-6 fresh jalapenos, seeded, chopped
1/4tsp ground red pepper(cayenne)
1tsp white sugar
1tsp dried oregano
1tsp ground black pepper
2tsp salt
3tsp ground cumin
1/2cup chili powder

1} place ground chuck & pork in deep skillet, cover and cook on medium until done, drain & crumble.
2} in large pot combine all ingredients, bring to boil then reduce to simmer, cook 2hrs. (slow cooker on low 8-10hrs)
3} eat

Leave out the cumin and you've got spaghetti sauce.

'Nuff said...

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I ever get a tattoo, this is what it will look like:
vector.us_files_images_3_4_34047_wolf_brand_chili_preview.png

I'm sure that this was posted in your usual spirit of irony, but we should warn the natives that canned chili is nastier than buzzard puke on a hot summer day. Extraneous matter. Insect parts, rodent fur and feces, well tjhe FDA won't stand in the way of honest folk trying to make a living. It should be noted that the stuff is cooked at a very high temperature that kills all the harmful bacteria involved.

"hey, it's full of rat shi+, but it wont hurt you."

Neighbor, how long has it been since you've had a big steamin bowl of Wolf Brand Chili? Heh Heh, well that's too long.

There are worse things than beans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom