Bear Safe Cost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just need to call them. It’s all based on the price of steel.

Steel price has increased exponentially in the last few months, and supply is very tight. Quotes from the mill are generally only good for 12 hours, and sometimes less. It has not been driven solely by demand. Demand isn't at an all time high, but demand has risen in the last 5 months, and production and supply has not kept up with the moderate rise in demand.

Supply is low, but demand is rising, and the price is going up with it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steel price has increased exponentially in the last few months, and supply is very tight. Quotes from the mill are generally only good for 12 hours, and sometimes less. It has not been driven solely by demand. Demand isn't at an all time high, but demand has risen in the last 5 months, and production and supply has not kept up with the moderate rise in demand.

Supply is low, but demand is rising, and the price is going up with it.

No kidding! I bought some square steel tube for a project a few months ago, and I almost choked when they told me how much it was per foot.

But I got lucky when my neighbor had a solar panel array installed on his property in November. The installers used 14 gauge rectangular tube, and I asked my neighbor to have them leave me the leftover material. I ended up with a couple intact 12-foot tubes and about a dozen 4’ tube cutoffs. The stuff welds up nicely, and is quite strong for its weight.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There was an armor safe on FB marketplace or craigslist the other day, been there a little while. Think it was around 1900
It was on here too. I looked at it pretty hard. I’m having a house built and if the timing was a little better, I might have bought it

Latest posts

Top Bottom