Beautiful Combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very hot indeed! Make sure you don't piss that sweet girl off. She'll put one through your forehead at 100 yards.

U.S. Shooting Academy?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its incredible how she's holding it - not using the sling and to have her supporting hand that far back - it takes some pretty strong arms to hold any rifle like that (let alone an M1 Garand).

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

First, she's not my wife. She's my shooting partner and best friend. She's an extremely good competitive pistol shooter and instructor. We coach each other and to be honest, I think she's the better coach. She doesn't do long guns much, but has very good form due to all her other experience in shooting. I certainly wouldn't want her shooting at me!

Honeybee did an EXCELLENT job on the stock and I think I'll have him do a No 4 Mk 2 Enfield next.

Yes, the location is bay MP-19 at USSA. I haven't had time to wring her out at 100 yds and beyond, but will try to get an extended range report out soon.

The Garand is a 1955 mfg HRA (don't remember the month offhand, I still need to get the resource materials for dating and assessing overall correctness). It appears to be correct except for the SA bolt and seems to be in very good condition. I probably need to get the rifle looked at by someone in the Garand collector field to be sure exactly what I have. I may look for an HRA bolt, but want to spend a little more time with her first.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some before pictures of the stock.

alh4.ggpht.com__cw7szDh41MM_SsoU7l4TPOI_AAAAAAAACUI_fZ_2FUgP3bw_s720_PICT0035.JPG

alh6.ggpht.com__cw7szDh41MM_SsoU51nQpWI_AAAAAAAACUE_B17DdPIr_y0_s720_PICT0037.JPG

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow Honeybee, nice work! Did all those dents and dings on the stock by the upper handguard steam out? They look like they did.

I'd say 95% of them did. When I asked for the stock to be "restored", not refinished, Don did what he calls an "A-1 with character". The intent was not to make the stock look perfect and new. I wanted to let the grain and warmth of the original wood come out without removing evidence of the experiences the rifle has been through. Someone in it's past life obviously had a penchant for rapping the enbloc clip against the stock just forward of the op rod before loading. It looked pretty terrible. After the restoration, you can still see where it was done, but it isn't awful to look at anymore.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the work he did. :thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom