Best bulk 22LR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For bulk ammo I like Federal,I also have a case of Aguila I bought for a good price 5 years ago,its cheap and accurate but has that Eley primer smell.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have problems with ammo you need another gun to be able to use it.:laugh6:

With 4 hand guns & 2 long guns I can use it all, Bolts & revolvers will work wonders on ammo that jams autos , we all need at least 1 manual operating 22 to use up the jamomatic ammo:thumb:

True, I could use a good .22 revolver....

I like to use the Aguila 20 grain "quiet" rounds for my kids to run through the single shot. Doesn't go far enough to hurt anything, and the noise doesn't aggrivate the neighbors.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
have gotten the most number of duds... ie no fires from this last batch of Remington 550 pak gold bullets.

just to make sure it's not the gun... I'll re-chamber the dud round and re-fire. this batch of gold bullets has produced duds from every rifle and pistol tried.

out of 50 rounds fired... this batch of gold bullets has produced 5-6 duds. a royal pita... not a big deal for plinking especially at cheap price paid. but it'd be the pits losing a hard won shot at squirrel or rabbit.

don't think I'll be doing any hunting with this batch of gold bullets.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Federal has always been the best for me.

The only stuff I've had any problem with is some of the remington bulk pack.
Of the last couple boxes I bought they probably averaged 2 or 3 no fires.
Also a couple deformed rounds, I'll try to post up a pic of the deforms tonite.
Really kind of scary what got past QC.
With that being said though for the most part they shot well.

My old single six, my old P22, and my old Marlin M60 all had problems with Remington bulk. With the P22, it was a FTFire almost every magazine. Federal bulk has given me no problems through any of my .22s to date. CCI mini-mags also go bang for me every time. CCI stingers don't feed well in my Browning Buckmark Camper, but they worked flawlessly in my other .22s.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
20- 30 years ago Remington Golden bullet was the best to be had, now it has duds every 20 -30 shots and no accuracy.CCI has the best ammo for the price in my opinion. I depend on CCI mini mag hp for .22 small game hunting. For bulk .22, Federal is the way to go especially for self loading guns due to the lack of excessive lube.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old single six, my old P22, and my old Marlin M60 all had problems with Remington bulk. With the P22, it was a FTFire almost every magazine. Federal bulk has given me no problems through any of my .22s to date. CCI mini-mags also go bang for me every time. CCI stingers don't feed well in my Browning Buckmark Camper, but they worked flawlessly in my other .22s.

My Marlin M60 also has issues with the remington bulk. Of course, both the rimfires I said had issues with the remington have had ALOT of round through them. Seems like the remington shoots a little hotter than the federal...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Each rimfire is an island for the most part. What one will do great with another will choke on and vice-versa.

I seem to get more relaible ignition with the Federal bulk, but my Advantage Arms kit cycles better with the Remington 550 Bulk, as did my P-22 when I had it. The Buckmarks will eat anything, as will the Browning and Ruger .22 rifles I have.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to get more relaible ignition with the Federal bulk, .

I don't seem to have problems with any of them firing. I have noted some problems with the Rem being a little short on powder when fired from the Ruger Mark III, but they fire and at the short ranges, it doesn't effect accuracy, but I notice the action being slow to cycle.
Still 550 rounds for $15 is a bargain.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom