.22lr Quantity over Quality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a teen I shot plenty of cheap dirty thunderbolt in my model 60.

Just verify your guns run whatever it is before stacking deep. I find less reliability issues with 36gr varieties in my G44 and M&P 15-22 vs 40gr… I’ve ran into some Aguila and federal 40gr stuff that jammed a lot. Obviously CCI is superb. I’ve also had great luck with armscore 36gr high velocity

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Run whatever ur gun likes. I got a couple 10-22’s and a henry mini bolt that don’t give a dang. The old one even loves thunderbolts. And got a Walther P22 that seems to be a prissy little bioch that needs super super clean ammo to not start sticking brass in the chamber

rustyaa55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I can kill game for food and dispatch vermin I'm good with whatever works. I'm not competing for bragging rights.
My primary hunting 22 also served most excellent in LIGHT SPORTER CLASS Competetion with CCI GREEN TAG. For hunting it loved CCI MINI MAGS. Those same MM or CCI STANDARD VELOCITY worked great for plinking. Know ammo for my handguns also. Because we took the time and fun to TEST. We find ammo to NEVER use for dispatching because it is unreliable to even fire. But alot can gum up the works of any gun. Too old for those headaches. The gun is paid for. Now we simply want to optimize with the choice of ammo. Maybe save a few $ in the process. Seems more FUN & EFFECIENCY than bragging. Can take that difficult shot to responsibly take a squirrel. But YMMV

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a lot (3500 rounds I think) of Norma-USA TAC-22 and it runs well and shoots well out of my Ruger Mk IV and my CZ 457.

View attachment 334857

However, the really accurate stuff is from Eley, and I have had the best luck with their Eley Club ammo in my CZ 457. These are at 50 yards, benchrest, indoor range, and these are not even my best.

View attachment 334858
If your 457 shoots that good with Eley Club, try some Black Box or Tenex from the same maker. Quality ammo can make a big difference in a given rifle's performance.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these for their .22lr ammo? Thinking about ordering one or two. One for .22lr and one for .17HMR

9F073213-5CB4-4DDD-9F4D-7E240DA41825.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these for their .22lr ammo? Thinking about ordering one or two. One for .22lr and one for .17HMR

View attachment 336069
I’ve got two. It’s actually a PITA to transfer the rounds from the box to the container.
Personally, I prefer to just shoot from the factory box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom