Best chicken gizzards and livers in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buddies of mine got me hooked on gizzards from KFC. Every time we would go on a fishing trip they would bring buckets of that stuff. Made fun of them at first, until I tried them, gotta be crispy though.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thunder Road House on Memorial, just east of Western has a great Chicken Liver dinner (no gizzards though). Comes with baked potato, salad, and green beans.......My wife and I eat livers there frequently.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thunder Road House on Memorial, just east of Western has a great Chicken Liver dinner (no gizzards though). Comes with baked potato, salad, and green beans.......My wife and I eat livers there frequently.

Thank you. I and my wife love them. Will go and do it, since we don't get over there so much, thanks! Can't wait, now.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKCO3Cobra.....thats what I said about crawfish(fish bait)!! When I moved to Galveston and ran around the Gulf Coast of S.E. Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi....my mind was changed. Trust me, I miss the cajun/gulf coast food....crawdads, gator tail, turtle soup, gumbo, and bread pudding with whiskey sauce.

As for gizzards....my grandad and my dad ate the heck out of chicken livers & gizzards with buttermilk, cornbread, and green onions. Its only been a few years that I've grown to like gizzards....not livers ....yet.

Cohiba

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best I've had were in Cali... Del Fried Chicken.. it's gone. I worked there through high school.
They have to be dipped in an egg and milk batter,breaded, and pressure cooked in shortening.
I keep trying to get the recipe for the seasoning.
Livers were cooked the same way, except there was more flour in the seasoning

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only good chicken livers and gizzards are the ones still in the chicken., or used for catfish bait. I guess I am just fortunate enough to afford to buy a chicken breast, instead of the guts

Latest posts

Top Bottom