Best concealment area for bigger guy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could go IWB with a snub .357 . I carry mine right side IWB appendix . And #1 it is very concealable and #2 fairly comfortable. Not too comfortable that you forget you have it but comfortable it just lets you remember it is still there. Works well while walking and while sitting.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the recomendations. I would say im an extremely big guy, 6' about 245, i just have the spare tire going on. I dont see how with that, a holster at 3-4:30 would really be concealed. I think it would pull tight against my tishirt. I havent decided on the gun, yet, bc i want to go as big as possible caliber wise, but where im sticking it, limits my options as far as the size of the gun. I think though as much ackward moving i do, when i do move during the day, i will probably be looking at a compact 9 semi. When i do have to "work" im normally crawling under a vehicle looking at something or rolling around the floor!

First off, I wouldn't consider 6ft 245 an "extremely" big guy. I am 5'10 and way over what you are. I don't have a spare tire, I have a VW beetle. I can carry a snub .357 at 4 oclock and you never know it is there. You have to change your dress sometimes in order to make things work. I also pocket carry the same gun with no problem. If I am in a situation where I am wearing a longer shirt, I even carry OWB at 4 oclock. Don't have any problems at all. You may have to buy a bigger shirt.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am 6'2" and around 260. I have no problem carrying the Glock 26 or the PM9 IWB. I to am always doing lots of awkward moving and twisting and such and have never had a problem. Like what was said before, get a Crossbreed or something similar, go up a pant size, and dont wear midriff shirts and you will be fine.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am 6'2" and around 260. I have no problem carrying the Glock 26 or the PM9 IWB. I to am always doing lots of awkward moving and twisting and such and have never had a problem. Like what was said before, get a Crossbreed or something similar, go up a pant size, and dont wear midriff shirts and you will be fine.

What he said. I am 6' 280 and have no problem with a Glock 32 in a galco Kingtuck or a S&W model 410 in a cheap desantis holster. remember shirts made with extra long tails are a good idea.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, 6' and 240# isn't that big. It pretty much describes me these days. I have no problems almost all year round carrying a compact (preferred) or subcompact Glock IWB in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II on a Looper Leather Kydex reinforced belt. Just get pants that are 2" bigger in the waist for IWB; heck, they are more comfortable to wear anyway. When I need to wear shorts (think blinding whiteness at the knees and below) its time for a S&W J frame or a Ruger LC9. I seldom wear shorts outside of the house.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or a nice fanny pack. Nothing screams "I have a gun" like a nice fanny pack strapped to a fat dude. (no offense to fat dudes anywhere, I already admitted to weighing more than the OP)

Latest posts

Top Bottom