Best group I have ever shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1072.photobucket.com_albums_w361_johnnyshooter_Mobile_20Uploads_IMG_6448.jpg

Here is the best group I have shot. I measured .492" center to center. 4 shot group.

100 yards
Remington SPS tactical
5x20 Nikon Monark
168 GR Sierra Match King
41.0 grains Varget
I have had this gun for over a year. I purchased it just the way it is from a member here. I have not worked up any loads until this week. I have just shot it until today. It's a keeper.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shooting! That 5-round 1.5MOA groups is very respectable! Don't cheapen it by picking just 4 rounds, even if they are touching.

Try 42.0-43.0 of IMR4064 or RL15 with the same bullet - see if flyers disappear.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should be able to run that thing on up to 45gns of Varget with the 168's, no problem. That is a standard known accuracy load with Varget. Obviously work up to that, but you definately have room to move up in velocity.

Nice shooting BTW. Keep practicing, and I bet you beat that group.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their comments. All it proves is that the rifle is capable of way more than I am. I shot 6 different loads 5 shots each yesterday. This is the group I am most proud of. I am going to go load another 150 rounds of this and shoot the crap out of it this weekend. Any pointers are appreciated.

Moboost I think I have a can of 4064 I will load some up and try it. Is Varget known for creating flyers? I know it has a good reputation for temperture stability that is why I usally load with it. It sucks to meter though. I weigh every charge on a electronic scale. I am pretty sure it is more so my fault than the load. Not making excuses I just got lucky on that group.

DG your always so angry. You need to do some yoga or something, find your center bro.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My go to accuracy load in 308 uses Varget and a Federal 210M primer. Truth be told though is that the 308 is just an inherently accurate cartridge and is pretty easy to load for!

Latest posts

Top Bottom