Best reloading manual?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that an opinion question? Or is there one particular book that is accepted as the most useful? I need to learn EVERYTHING, I'm about to start reloading but I want to read up first.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hornady book was very good start for me, I mostly use Sierra now. As far as learning goes - there are couple of useful videos out there: Tubb video was my first learning experience.

With all that said - get a friend that already reloads - the fastest way to learn (even if some of it might be "wrong" - learning is learning).

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Find a friend that knows what they're doing.

As for manuals, the more the merrier. I now have the Sierra, a couple editions of Hornady, and the Lee manual. I also have a LoadBook for each caliber I reload for. I still wouldn't mind picking up a couple more manuals.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I definitely planned on sitting down with someone that has some experience reloading, but I intend to do some self study first so I'll at least know some terminology & be familiar with the process. Videos are a good idea, I'll have to see what I can turn up on the internet.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking for load data then www.loaddata.com is a pretty good choice. They publish their own data as well as data from the various major reloading component mfgs. A year long subscription costs about as much as one printed manual.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Modern Reloading by Richard Lee is one of the best manuals for a novice reloader. Lots of good info on the process and plenty of load data.
I have about a dozen or so manuals and several internet resources that I use, but for a starting reloader, the Richard Lee manual is one of
the best in my opinion. Get it from midway, way cheaper than amazon. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom