beware remington 22 ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacepiggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently found a bulk pack of Remy Thunderbolts. Went to the range in great joy that I could shoot a few. No FTF/FTE however with my Ruger MkIII I noted my tight groups began to go wide, then rounds were punching the target sideways. When I cleaned the pistol a scab of lead popped out (see attached photo). I had to get vigorous with the cleaning rod to get it out, with liberal application of Hoppes and eventually WD-40. After cleaning the barrel to shiny bright, I went back to the range and kept track of the number of rounds fired. At 150 the wide patterning and tumbling started and by 160 rounds many were missing the paper entirely. Spotted the same patch in the barrel, at a different location. It took longer to clean the barrel than to foul it.

Remington Thunderbolts are thunderclap. Beware the scab o'lead!

Attachments

• scab-o-lead.jpg
    scab-o-lead.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 143

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
havent had any problems with remingtons. the marlin 597 loves them. but then again it loves pretty much any ammo i put through it. the neos also have no problem except once in a while i get a dragger and fails to feed. but i havent really broke the neos in

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last bulk pack of Remington golden crap I had, on average every other 9 rd. cylinder had a failure to fire and every cyl. had at least one round that had to be pushed rather forcefully into the chamber. I was so pissed off I swore to never buy any Remington ammunition ever again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom