beware remington 22 ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You had a squib, and the first round down the bbl after that would have been memorable, to be sure. I believe one would call that a "significant emotional event." Glad you caught it before getting on the trigger again.

Hobbes, were you shooting rifle and getting that vertical stringing?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit buying the Remington bulk stuff. Its just too inconsistent for anything other than shooting a tin can. My Mark III Hunter won't cycle the action with it on occasion.

I shoot the Federal Bulk, or Centurion at matches every weekend.

I'm really impressed with the centurion after being given a couple of bricks of it.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We've been really lucky, the S&W 22A we plink with really likes the Remington bulk ammo but we have all sorts of problems getting the federal to cycle it, lots of FTE's. The Mossbergs 702's like it though.

As soon as the CCI comes back (if ever) we will be switching back to it though, everything loves that stuff. Never had a problem with CCI.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington "golden saber" is some of the worst crap on the market. If you get a bulk pack, you will generally find 5-10 "duds" in there. You can actually hear an audible difference in rounds if you listen close. They are junk, I highly recommend using them in a revolver or bolt action if you do have some...they'll often choke a semi-auto.

Latest posts

Top Bottom