Bi-Tone v. Solid for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYarb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just looking around online at some of my choices for concealed, and while I do like the bi-tone design of black & stainless steel... I was wondering what everyone thought of it for a CCW gun? Any pros/cons you could think of?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
While an all black gun may be slightly less conspicuous, the goal of a CCWer is for their gun NOT to be seen. So in the end, the color is about 1% of the whole decision on how good a CCW choice a gun is.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
As an example, I own and carry a two tone silver and black P228, an all black Glock 19, stainless Kimber 1911 with wood grips, and blued S&W revolver with wood grips. And honestly I have no lesser ability to carry any of them due to color.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_KimberSmall_1.jpg

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_IMG_2601_Small.jpg

KYarb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an example, I own and carry a two tone silver and black P228, an all black Glock 19, stainless Kimber 1911 with wood grips, and blued S&W revolver with wood grips. And honestly I have no lesser ability to carry any of them due to color.

Beautiful lineup NK. =) I didn't mean how they would affect actual shooting or carrying ability, as they wouldn't... but if certain situations would be better suited. Sunlight reflects on stainless for instance. I was mainly just looking if there were any documented episodes where someone would say two-tone is a bad idea.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter. I will go with function over looks in a self defense gun but it looks matter to you, the two tone might be less prone to show holster wear. (assuming the slide is s/s, hard chrome or nickle).

Latest posts

Top Bottom