Biden expected to release rule on ghost guns in days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Justice Department statistics show that nearly 24,000 ghost guns were recovered by law enforcement at crime scenes and reported to the government from 2016 to 2020."

I find that incredibly... incredible. :lookaroun
___
I guess we are supposed to believe if they use a ghost gun, they leave it at the shooting site instead of taking with them or tossing it in a river

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what do you mean by recovers? if he finds 80% of ghost guns and only 20% of other guns maybe the guns with the serial numbers are the real problem

Regardless of who's recovering what... Punish the criminals. None of that s*** has anything to do with what I, and millions of other law-abiding gun owners, are doing. I'm tired of being punished for things I didn't do.

What about letting criminals out of jail with little or no bail? What about not arresting criminals because they're a certain skin color? What about all the other bulls*** soft-on-crime policies democrats embrace that exacerbate the real issue? That being criminals have nothing to fear from the police or courts.

Yeah... Let thugs shoot the hell outta Chicago every weekend then blame law-abiding gun owners and inanimate objects.

This is about control and nothing more. It's why I hate democrats and liberal policies. They're worse than cancer...

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of who's recovering what... Punish the criminals. None of that s*** has anything to do with what I, and millions of other law-abiding gun owners, are doing. I'm tired of being punished for things I didn't do.

What about letting criminals out of jail with little or no bail? What about not arresting criminals because they're a certain skin color? What about all the other bulls*** soft-on-crime policies democrats embrace that exacerbate the real issue? That being criminals have nothing to fear from the police or courts.

Yeah... Let thugs shoot the hell outta Chicago every weekend then blame law-abiding gun owners and inanimate objects.

This is about control and nothing more. It's why I hate democrats and liberal policies. They're worse than cancer...
I agree, was attempting to sarcastically question the 80% of 80% lowers being found at crime scenes

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Implying or calling someone a FUDD because they comment that there is an actual problem with un-serialized firearms is a personal attack.
I think there isn't a problem with Non serialized firearms. This country has been making them for 250 years.
Joe was wrong in many statements. You CAN buy a cannon today and you could buy one back when the constitutional convention was writing the 2A because people made their own or some guy in their community did.
Gun makers built guns without serial numbers all the time.

A cannon is a large-caliber gun classified as a type of artillery, and usually launches a projectile using explosive chemical propellant. Gunpowder ("black powder") was the primary propellant before the invention of smokeless powder during the late 19th century. Cannons vary in gauge, effective range, mobility, rate of fire, angle of fire and firepower; different forms of cannon combine and balance these attributes in varying degrees, depending on their intended use on the battlefield. A cannon is a type of heavy artillery weapon.

The word cannon is derived from several languages, in which the original definition can usually be translated as tube, cane, or reed. In the modern era, the term cannon has fallen into decline, replaced by guns or artillery, if not a more specific term such as howitzer or mortar, except for high-caliber automatic weapons firing bigger rounds than machine guns, called autocannons.

This definition doesn't define what actually is a cannon. It only says a large caliber gun but doesn't specify what is a large caliber?

I know a couple of people that own cannons some will shoot 12" projectiles or larger.

Prior to 1968, serial numbers were not a legal requirement. Many hundreds of thousands were made without one, especially the inexpensive .22 rifles, single shot shotguns and small “pocket” pistols.
Is joe going to come after someone that has one of those "ghost guns"?

This entire debacle is nothing more than another attempt to gain control of legal gun owners. The criminals have zero issues with obtaining guns that have been stolen and have been making "ghost" guns since the gun was invented. Zip guns, Pipe guns, and a host of other designs that were designed by criminals to be used once and discarded that aren't tracible.
I'm sure some of our alphabet agencies are very familiar with them. The Same ones fighting to take away our rights.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.
OK, you sent me to google.

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus is a Latin term which means "false in one thing, false in everything." It in fact is a legal principle in common law that a witness who testifies falsely about one matter is not at all credible to testify about any other matter. Though this doctrine has been rejected by many common law jurisdictions, but it has survived in some American Courts. The reason behind abandonment of the said doctrine as a formal rule of evidence is that it has no relevance. It is now applied as a rule of permissible inference which is basically dependent upon the jury to decide. But many Courts still apply this doctrine. Therefore, a witness who willfully gives false statements or testimony, then he or she cannot be credible in any other matter.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gangs are pretty intricate organizations. They have armorers. No joke
Your correct. There are reports that the gangs are actually sending some of their folks to military duty to learn tactics and operations as well as weapons training. When they get what they want, do some drugs and get a discharge back to the street. They aren't looking for a job so a dishonorable isn't an issue.
People think some of these gangs are just roving gangs of thugs that prey on the unfortunate, but that is not the true story for the big guys. They are just as organized as the cartels in Mexico that have the Mexican government at bay for the most part. Drug running to make money is their objective.
Brain dead joe doesn't care. He is ok with the cartels working with the gangs in the US by keeping an open border.
Over 100,000 people died from drug overdoses last year per the CDC in November of 2021, leaving out December.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/nchs_press_releases/2021/20211117.htm
Not one word about that death toll has been mentioned by the brain dead biden adminstration. It's like nothing is going on.
One of our RV buddies is a retired commander of the Mcallen District of the border in South Tx. He is in communication almost every day with the person that replaced him as well as others.
The Border Patrol is relegated to nothing more than theater ushers to move people in and get them seated into busses.
It looks like I veered off the topic but didn't. The Cartels of Mexico are working directly with the gangs in the city starting with a C, as well as other cities ran by liberals.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh he hates it there, every other week some 20 year vet cop he knows blows his brains out.
I just said it was a problem and meant it in the sense of increasing the supply of guns available to criminals. In an economic supply/demand sense.

Given the history of Chicago, statistically speaking, it seems to make no difference on the murder rate. Is it a problem here in Oklahoma too?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, are you saying this towards me? If so, very classy.

You do know what "if the shoe fits" means, don't you?

Just in case you don't, it means if you enjoy your guns, but are OK with restricting other peoples' rights, then you are a Fudd.

And IF you are in fact, a Fudd, may your toes rot off.

(this seems to be a pretty common occurrence with Fudds anyway)

IF you are not a Fudd, this hateful wish is not directed at you.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We do want to keep guns out of criminal hands don’t we?

Not necessarily.

If "keeping them out of criminal hands" means restricting the rights of everyone, then no.

I can't drink alcohol. If I do, I drive drunk, start fights and do all manner of evil.

Should everyone be restricted from drinking because I can't handle it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom