Biden expected to release rule on ghost guns in days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Given the history of Chicago, statistically speaking, it seems to make no difference on the murder rate. Is it a problem here in Oklahoma too?
Out of the many local officers I know that worked the gang heavy areas , I know of two that have ever actually caught a gang member/thug with an 80% lowered Glock like pistol. Which they bought from some guy at a gunshow (allegedly). So pertaining to a comment made a few pages back, I dont think they're manufacturing themselves, I believe it is others who are buying the kits in bulk, assembling them, then selling them on the open market for profits. I know gunshow guys who wont sell to anyone that resembles a gang member (be that Swastika bearing or otherwise) and I've seen plenty of FFLs that will watch an obvious straw purchase and then make the transaction because they don't care.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How are they going to usurp Rights ensured by the US Constitution?

We all have God-given rights to build our own weapons.
Actually, they can't usurp our rights. All they can do is infringe upon them. That said, regardless of what infringements are imposed upon us, we will still have the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and just cause to replace all those working for the Constitution who disregard it. For now, voting still has a chance to accomplish the replacement.

Each increment of infringement that comes down the pike will all too soon reach the point when voting cannot secure our freedom and/or restore it. These infringements have nothing to do with safety and everything to do with them forging a secure path for them to enslave the masses to their benefit. History proves my case. Ergo, don't allow yourself or anyone else to be disarmed who is still alive and hasn't been adjudicated a danger to society and is locked up.

Woody

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out of the many local officers I know that worked the gang heavy areas , I know of two that have ever actually caught a gang member/thug with an 80% lowered Glock like pistol. Which they bought from some guy at a gunshow (allegedly). So pertaining to a comment made a few pages back, I dont think they're manufacturing themselves, I believe it is others who are buying the kits in bulk, assembling them, then selling them on the open market for profits. I know gunshow guys who wont sell to anyone that resembles a gang member (be that Swastika bearing or otherwise) and I've seen plenty of FFLs that will watch an obvious straw purchase and then make the transaction because they don't care.

Gun shows look a lot different than they did 35 years ago. Women are so empowered , I often see them buying a gun, accompanied by their boyfriend. The intersectional diversity of race and gender are exemplified over and over. It's awesome to see a young male handling a semi-auto for five minutes, giving it a good inspection before approving the purchase for his significant other.

I often reflect on how much kinder some cultures are, willing to assist the female in a gun purchase, without being judgmental, or forcing the woman to pick up the firearm in front of everyone. They discreetly give the approval, the female makes the purchase, then afterwards I have no doubt he'll accompany her to the range for a lesson on safety, followed by marksmanship.

It's refreshing to see such chivalry on display.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there isn't a problem with Non serialized firearms. This country has been making them for 250 years.
Joe was wrong in many statements. You CAN buy a cannon today and you could buy one back when the constitutional convention was writing the 2A because people made their own or some guy in their community did.
Gun makers built guns without serial numbers all the time.

A cannon is a large-caliber gun classified as a type of artillery, and usually launches a projectile using explosive chemical propellant. Gunpowder ("black powder") was the primary propellant before the invention of smokeless powder during the late 19th century. Cannons vary in gauge, effective range, mobility, rate of fire, angle of fire and firepower; different forms of cannon combine and balance these attributes in varying degrees, depending on their intended use on the battlefield. A cannon is a type of heavy artillery weapon.

The word cannon is derived from several languages, in which the original definition can usually be translated as tube, cane, or reed. In the modern era, the term cannon has fallen into decline, replaced by guns or artillery, if not a more specific term such as howitzer or mortar, except for high-caliber automatic weapons firing bigger rounds than machine guns, called autocannons.

This definition doesn't define what actually is a cannon. It only says a large caliber gun but doesn't specify what is a large caliber?

I know a couple of people that own cannons some will shoot 12" projectiles or larger.

Prior to 1968, serial numbers were not a legal requirement. Many hundreds of thousands were made without one, especially the inexpensive .22 rifles, single shot shotguns and small “pocket” pistols.
Is joe going to come after someone that has one of those "ghost guns"?

This entire debacle is nothing more than another attempt to gain control of legal gun owners. The criminals have zero issues with obtaining guns that have been stolen and have been making "ghost" guns since the gun was invented. Zip guns, Pipe guns, and a host of other designs that were designed by criminals to be used once and discarded that aren't tracible.
I'm sure some of our alphabet agencies are very familiar with them. The Same ones fighting to take away our rights.

Yep. I’m right there with you. The technology that allows anyone to build a modern polymer striker fired pistol in just a few minutes just didn’t exist until a few years ago. Unfortunately, it’s being used to arm criminals and means that the rest of us won’t get to enjoy it. No different in my mind than NFA taxed weapons, we lost the ability to easily make or purchase those weapons because the authorities of the time thought we’d all be safer. It’s just BS political theater that won’t really make anyone safer.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun shows look a lot different than they did 35 years ago. Women are so empowered , I often see them buying a gun, accompanied by their boyfriend. The intersectional diversity of race and gender are exemplified over and over. It's awesome to see a young male handling a semi-auto for five minutes, giving it a good inspection before approving the purchase for his significant other.

I often reflect on how much kinder some cultures are, willing to assist the female in a gun purchase, without being judgmental, or forcing the woman to pick up the firearm in front of everyone. They discreetly give the approval, the female makes the purchase, then afterwards I have no doubt he'll accompany her to the range for a lesson on safety, followed by marksmanship.

It's refreshing to see such chivalry on display.
You're right...It is so nice to see that chivalry is not dead with this younger generation

Wannabe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken, I have the right to own and carry firearms. The ones I own and carry happen to have serial numbers and I don’t care to own a ghost gun. As far as I know, mine that carry serial numbers can still defend me from the ones that don’t carry serial numbers.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did we survive with all the ghost guns produced for so many decades! A few companies like colt put serial numbers on pistols for quality control, now every firearm needs a serial number? How the heck did they ever find John Wilkes Booth, his gun didn't have a serial number!

Last edited:

2ALibtard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s just BS political theater that won’t really make anyone safer.
Political theater is right. How does enforcing serialization reduce gun violence anyways?

You have to address the core issues (mental illness, drugs, poverty, etc), instead of the symptoms. But helping people is too hard, so let’s just go after the guns instead and put another wack job in the ATF so they can kill more dogs. Another brain dead move from the gun control lobby.

ATF - you know I’m kidding boo, pls don’t kill my dog

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do know what "if the shoe fits" means, don't you?

Just in case you don't, it means if you enjoy your guns, but are OK with restricting other peoples' rights, then you are a Fudd.

And IF you are in fact, a Fudd, may your toes rot off.

(this seems to be a pretty common occurrence with Fudds anyway)

IF you are not a Fudd, this hateful wish is not directed at you.
If I was a FUDD would I post the definition of a FUDD?
I own a lot of stuff that would make a FUDD wet their pants.
They (Brandon, ATF and the likes) are taking little bites at a time until we are reduced to single shot bolt action 22's. Even then they probably won't be happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom