Big beaver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got all my lines baited last night down on the river and had about 30 minutes till dark, so I found me a nice high bank to rain down on some turtles while I enjoyed a beverage. Saw a beaver on the other side of the river and shot at it a few times and thought I connected on one shot, but he went under and disappeared. Few minutes later he pops up in the middle of the river and starts swimming right towards me. I was about ten feet straight above the water, so I waited till he got right underneath me and let Mr. Thundermaker start barkin fire. I put 5 shots in him and he started flopping around and finally made it to the bank. He was still moving, so I put another 5 shots in him before he finally gave up the ghost. I went over to pick him up and the only thing I could think of was the Jeff Foxworthy story about the guy getting his nipple bit off by a beaver... so I gave him another round of courtesy shots, just to make sure. I'm not sure how much he weighed, but I know he was every bit of 60 lbs. That is just a standard Ruger .22 beside it, so you can kinda compare sizes.

[Broken External Image]

Another misc pic from last night, beautiful full moon shining on the tip of my fishing pole.

[Broken External Image]

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Catfishin... Got two or three tanks behind the house that are full of bullheads I trap, so lately I've had lines out constantly. Caught a 10 pound flattie earlier this week, bout the only thing of any size. River level hasn't been stable till bout yesterday, so hoping the fish start biting better. Caught quite a few eater channels this week, but I've just been tossing them back. Waiting on that monster flathead.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Catfishin... Got two or three tanks behind the house that are full of bullheads I trap, so lately I've had lines out constantly. Caught a 10 pound flattie earlier this week, bout the only thing of any size. River level hasn't been stable till bout yesterday, so hoping the fish start biting better. Caught quite a few eater channels this week, but I've just been tossing them back. Waiting on that monster flathead.

love chasing those flats what river you fishing may i ask

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
love chasing those flats what river you fishing may i ask

Kiamichi, between Antlers and Rattan. And big negative on the crappie Deer Slayer. After we got all that rain, river pretty much went wild, and I never got back on it till last week. She's back to normal level now, so there may be another trip in my near future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom