Big Texan Steak Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A bunch of us chipped in to pay for a guy to try it when we stopped for the night on a military convoy from OKC to Clovis New Mexico years ago. Big 'ol country boy tried it and didn't even get close.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you kid but bread is filling to me. I went to Texas Roadhouse last night and me and my gal split a 16 ox rib eye. Had I ate anymore of those yummy rolls, I'd have been taking a box home. 8 oz of steak salad and loaded potato are usually no problem but I had 3 rolls prior and that was almost too much lol

There is a place I used to go to that had a nice salad bar and they had a 8 or 12 oz sirloin on the menu. You could also get a few ribs thrown on for like a buck a piece. I could generally finish the 8 oz with a couple extra ribs, but I don't think I ever made it thru the 12 oz to a clean plate.

I can eat a lot, and I've got the extra 40 lbs to prove it, but there is no way in hell I could come close to finishing that meal in an hour. Not in this lifetime.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a place I used to go to that had a nice salad bar and they had a 8 or 12 oz sirloin on the menu. You could also get a few ribs thrown on for like a buck a piece. I could generally finish the 8 oz with a couple extra ribs, but I don't think I ever made it thru the 12 oz to a clean plate.

I can eat a lot, and I've got the extra 40 lbs to prove it, but there is no way in hell I could come close to finishing that meal in an hour. Not in this lifetime.
I "can" eat the entire 16 oz ribeye if I dont touch the rolls or much of the tater n salad. lol What ?I like to do is eat half of it and most if not all of my sides and take the leftover 8 oz steak home to have steak n eggs the next morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom