Big Tornado Year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what say ye? Tornado season isn’t far off and having moved here March 1, 2020 I’m still trying to figure out weather patterns. Is there a pattern? 🤪 Here is our tornado history for reference and looks to me like every 4-6 years the numbers take a good jump.

https://www.weather.gov/oun/tornadodata-ok-monthlyannual

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lived here in tornado alley for 71 years now. I am a weather watcher and have yet to see predictable patterns. So the bottom line is ....1. have a plan and a place to hunker down if need be. 2. have a recovery plan ( insurance, etc) 3. Don't wait to the last minute to invoke 1 or 2

What, no lawn chair and a six-pack of beer?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s like trying to predict the fall of an empire or a civil upheaval.

Are there patterns? Yes. Do they produce any meaningful data to help you predict your next interaction with any precision? No.

The one thing that studying the weather history should tell you is that you need to be prepared 24/7 365 for high winds, excessive water fall, and the occasional catastrophic event.

Practice a dry or two and hope you never need to use and of the preps you have made.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what say ye? Tornado season isn’t far off and having moved here March 1, 2020 I’m still trying to figure out weather patterns. Is there a pattern? 🤪 Here is our tornado history for reference and looks to me like every 4-6 years the numbers take a good jump.

https://www.weather.gov/oun/tornadodata-ok-monthlyannual
from now until June they can happen. They get stronger and more frequent until the end of May and the it settles down until the End of August and ramps up through October. We never know how many or where.

Latest posts

Top Bottom