1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bill To Remove Firearm Suppressors from National Firearms Act Looks Promising

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by CHenry, Apr 11, 2017.

1. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    After 82 years, a bill to remove firearm suppressors from National Firearms Act looks like it will finally be approved with Trump in office. The National Firearms Act was primarily designed to eliminate the private ownership of handguns. The Hearing Protection Act was introduced last October by U.S. Rep. Matt Salmon, R-Ariz., and currently has 78 bipartisan co-sponsors from 34 states. The bill has not made much progress with a slim Republican majority in the Senate and an almost certain veto from Obama.

With Donald Trump in office and a majority Republican House and Senate, things are looking promising. The bill is likely to return to the next Congress with a new directive. The Hearing Protection Act will pass. It only needs to be presented to Congress and signed by President Trump. Knox Williams, president of the American Suppressor Association, the industry trade group for the devices said, “Imagine for a second that we lived in a world where you had to pay a $200 tax to buy a pair of earplugs. Now, imagine that even after paying that tax you still had to wait 8 months before you could bring your earplugs home with you. As silly as that sounds, it’s the world we live in with suppressors in the NFA.”

http://shotinfo.net/bill-to-remove-...nal-firearms-act-looks-promising-under-trump/

2. beastep

beastep Sharpshooter

The date on that is back in November. The people pushing and involved with this bill now dont seem nearly as certain that it will pass. I still hope it does but, it sure does not look like it will.

3. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I didn't see the date...hmmm

4. MadDogs

MadDogs Sharpshooter

Might face opposition from hearing plug lobby.

5. Defcon Shooter

Defcon Shooter Sharpshooter

It will not get an up or down vote. Many RINO's will hope it dies quietly as the revenue stream from them pays for a layer of worker drones in the ATF

dennishoddy likes this.
  6. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Bottom line right there. No Gov agency is going to try to get rid of another.

7. tomthebaker

tomthebaker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I don't know. The EPA downsizing looks promising.

8. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yes it does, but that comes from the top down, not laterally within the ranks.

9. ragsflh

ragsflh Sharpshooter

keep writing letters

10. D. Hargrove

D. Hargrove Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It would be nice, though I doubt that getting less tax money from the end user is really going to happen. That cash pays for something the Government feels it needs. My hearing is shot (thanks Army) and the Prairie poodles can't here it coming either way. If passed though I would certainly partake if just for the cool factor.