Bill would require all Oklahoma voters to re-register, show birth certificate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Judicial watch sued DC and forced them to clean up their voter rolls. Apparently there were 131% of registered voters vs real voters.

But Judicial Watch also gave credit to the district for moving quickly after receiving its letter to begin removing 103,000 names of ineligible voters. California and Illinois have promised to clean up their rolls.

The Washington-based legal watchdog said, “If Judicial Watch is not satisfied with the jurisdictions’ responses to its notice letters, Judicial Watch plans to sue under the National Voter Registration Act to ensure the jurisdictions take certain reasonable steps to clean up their voter rolls as the law requires.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...slammed-131-of-eligible-dc-voters-registered/
This ^
Oklahoma really doesn't have a problem, its the big blue cities.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sure, okay. but why stop there, if a birth certificate is required to get back on the voting roll then why not allow same day voter registration. Make it simpler for voters who weren't aware of the change and/or new voters to simply show up, show ID and a birth certificate, and vote.

Why make voting harder if you are simply worried about taking steps to protect the process from fraud.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to do that nationally. Not only would it clear up the voter registry, it would eliminate the "I don't know anything or care about anything" voters that shouldn't vote.
What does showing a BC prove you know or care? I’ve been on the register for over 30 years. Show my ID and vote. Hell, I don’t even know where my birth certificate is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom