Black widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As reaching down to turn off the sprinkler in the dark and saw something move.

Bad cell pic, but it's a black widow.

image-3939532000.jpg

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're bad this year, have killed several around the house. I don't mind them as bad as brown recluse (which we have several of as well) because they generally stay outside of the house.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had the pleasure of being bit by one of these turds June 30th. it was on my life jacket & nailed me as i was boating across keystone to my fishin spot.

got a real good look at the guy as he was latched on so good i had to slap it off my arm. after it bit me my skin around the bite (about quarter size) broke out in hives for about 30 minutes. about 2-3hours later the puncture turned into a horrific big white puss ball, popped it as soon as i noticed it (gross..) then the redness started spreading, the area immediately around the bite (tomato sized) got hot and very puffy, tissue under neath the skin seemed to be contributing to the swelling. around this puffy red area the redness spread about 6 inches down from the bite and nearly encompassed my whole bicep top & bottom.

its been 11 days since the bite and my arm is left with a purple spot the size of a tomato that still itches.

immediate high levels of pain upon getting bit. it lasted for about 5 days, like a week long wasp sting that never stops stinging. got mild disorientation that started about 4 hours after the bite. nasty chest pains and muscle cramps on my back just below my shoulder blades and around to under my arm pits on days 3 & 4 - by far the worst part of the whole ordeal. the chest pain was very intense and seemed to be coming from my ribs or lungs it seemed like. the back cramps were relentless for about a 6 hour stretch. cramps have been showing up infrequently as recent as yesterday. small minor cramps that pop up as i do my day to day activities, they go away as quickly as they come but its definitely out of the ordinary to be getting a cramp from picking up a sheet of paper.

i've since found another one in my garage right next to a big fat egg sack. seems to be a metric sh*t-ton of spiders and scorps this summer.

dproberts.files.wordpress.com_2012_07_20120702_004456.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom