Black widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had the pleasure of being bit by one of these turds June 30th. it was on my life jacket & nailed me as i was boating across keystone to my fishin spot.

got a real good look at the guy as he was latched on so good i had to slap it off my arm. after it bit me my skin around the bite (about quarter size) broke out in hives for about 30 minutes. about 2-3hours later the puncture turned into a horrific big white puss ball, popped it as soon as i noticed it (gross..) then the redness started spreading, the area immediately around the bite (tomato sized) got hot and very puffy, tissue under neath the skin seemed to be contributing to the swelling. around this puffy red area the redness spread about 6 inches down from the bite and nearly encompassed my whole bicep top & bottom.

its been 11 days since the bite and my arm is left with a purple spot the size of a tomato that still itches.

immediate high levels of pain upon getting bit. it lasted for about 5 days, like a week long wasp sting that never stops stinging. got mild disorientation that started about 4 hours after the bite. nasty chest pains and muscle cramps on my back just below my shoulder blades and around to under my arm pits on days 3 & 4 - by far the worst part of the whole ordeal. the chest pain was very intense and seemed to be coming from my ribs or lungs it seemed like. the back cramps were relentless for about a 6 hour stretch. cramps have been showing up infrequently as recent as yesterday. small minor cramps that pop up as i do my day to day activities, they go away as quickly as they come but its definitely out of the ordinary to be getting a cramp from picking up a sheet of paper.

i've since found another one in my garage right next to a big fat egg sack. seems to be a metric sh*t-ton of spiders and scorps this summer.

dproberts.files.wordpress.com_2012_07_20120702_004456.jpg

WOW. That's pretty bad... glad you're recovering well though.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang! No bites so far, but we have had a lot of black widows and scorpions since the drought last year. Time to spray for them again - we saw a tiny baby scorpion on our deck last week so I guess we have a new hatch. :(

Cedar Creek

C

Clay

Killed a widow last night who had built a new nest on my front storm door on the handle. Also killed on out in the shop which had a big egg sack as well.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't seen any scorpions but i've killed at least 10 widows and many other spiders. Only a couple recluse. One spider was about 3 inches wide and one yesterday was less than a centimeter wide but he was hopping around all over the place and escaped.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No trip to the Dr. on the bite? I'd probably go when the chest pains started....

went to the ER on day 2, couldnt sleep from the pain. they said to expect it the chest pain & cramps. the cramping part i got off light on, they said it can be whole body wide, especially on small kids.

they told me to come back in if i start not being able to breath or black out or anything. never had any breathing problems just lots of pain.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't seen any scorpions but i've killed at least 10 widows and many other spiders. Only a couple recluse. One spider was about 3 inches wide and one yesterday was less than a centimeter wide but he was hopping around all over the place and escaped.

we caught 4 scorpions in 3 days last week in the sticky traps by the front & back doors. i live out in the woods tho, LOTS of critters.

dumped a bag of granule poison last week all around the house & yard & a jug of hose spray concentrate around all the windows & doors. havent had any scorps since but its only been a week-ish.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah that would've scared the piss outta me too.

I think we have a real man on our hands :D

na i went to the ER on day 2 when i realized the system wide symptoms were getting worse. with all the horror stories (buddy's friend died from one that bit his neck) i didnt want to risk it. $200 freakin co-pay, they need to issue me a rewards card.

edit:
... my reply posts are being inserted into page 1 prior to the posts im replying to. say whaaat?

is it my browser going nuts or is something fishy going on here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom