Black widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one with the major spider problem this year. I cannot keep the damn things out of the house. Its getting horrible I've sprayed put out granules and everything and nothing keeps them out. My wife caught a damn tarantula in our bedroom two weeks ago!

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear your doing good droberts. Ive killed a few black widows outside my house but Ive had a ton of brown recluses in the house. Having the house sprayed this week so lets hope this gets better! Ive seen more wolf spiders than anything else this year though, I killed 5 of those huge spiders on my front porch last saturday night.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear your doing good droberts. Ive killed a few black widows outside my house but Ive had a ton of brown recluses in the house. Having the house sprayed this week so lets hope this gets better! Ive seen more wolf spiders than anything else this year though, I killed 5 of those huge spiders on my front porch last saturday night.

Spray won't help much with the fiddlebacks. Glue traps are about all we've found that will slow their roll.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Spiders and Snakes make wonderful pets. Widows and Fiddlebacks should be eliminated near human habitation. Trantulas are wonderful pets. I used to raise 5 varieties of them. docil, friendly, and eventually gentle. Oh and I've bitten by both a Balck Widow, Fiddleback and rattlesankes, copperheads and moccansins. All of those make you real sick and make you wish you could die. But other snakes and spiders proivide a wonderful service. They kill and eat vermin. Snakes ,kill so many mice that if we eradicated them we would by hungry in this country. One rat snake eats enough mice in a year that if those mice were left to live they would comsume 3,120 tons of human food. If you find a snake and need help call me. I'll help you relocate it to a safer area.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lifted up a bowl in the kitchen yesterday and there was a good-sized wolf spider there. I said "What are you doing there, spider? You can't cook dinner. Go on, I have meat to cook. Go, shoo, go kill some ****."

My wife, from the other room, says "Who are you talking to?"

She'd never really seen a wolf spider, so I called her in and showed her the spider. We talked about its identifying marks. I offered to catch it to show her more about what it looked like, but she declined.

The spider made its way off somewhere, undoubtedly to murder some flies or something cool. That's the second time I've seen this one.
My wife is ok with it being in the house because it means fewer brown recluses.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man i was crawling inside a refrigeration unit today at the plant to wash condenser coils in our two big chillers...saw the bigger black widow i have ever seen...she got dowsed with condenser cleaner (that nasty acid stuff :) )....we seem to have an eclectic bunch of critters there...dropped off puppys, pit bull from down the road, mountain boomers (i think), a cricket/grasshopper/beetle/spider infestation, and wild cats. even saw deer one night when i got called out

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Black widows are bad this year, along with everything else that survived our so called winter. They dont' bother me much, but we had an outbreak of springtails, the little jumpy things usually hanging around sinks. There were millions of them. I sprayed everywhere with some Tempo. I buy it at the local coop. It's animal/people friendly (we have 3 small dogs) and leaves a good lasting residue for lasting protection. I sprayed inside and outside. Seems to be working great. I have new bugs dying on my back porch everynight. We used it in wheat bins this year, and I used it on my tomato plants and stopped bugs from eating the leaves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom