Blanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any discussion about blank ammo and the hazards it includes for the careless, stupid, or just plain ignorant user.

In highschool the boys in my class put on, at an assembly program, a shotgun wedding. It was in no way politically correct. I was a pretty chubby 210 at the time, and I played the baby, diaper and all, in the arms of my aggrieved uncle (only guy in the class strong enough to hold me up for long). I had a plastic baby bottle full of chocolate milk with which I was squirting the unfortunate front row of spectators.

One of our meanest looking members (and later by far the richest) was the father of the bride, and the bride was our tallest, skinniest, ugliest guy who had lost all his teeth to gum disease. He was radiant. The groom was a fairly small guy who was, luckily, really fast.

When it was time for him to say "I do," he ran down the center stage steps into the aisle between the two halves of the laughing audience. We had carefully removed all the shot from two 12 ga rounds which we then loaded into someone's old rabbit-ear double.

At about 30 feet, the father of the bride let go both barrels at the rear end of the fleeing (and again luckily real fast) groom. He screamed, delighting everyone. A while later he displayed for us his really sore backside, and he was wearing thick jeans. If those wads had hit someone in the eye, they would probably lost that eye.

We had been ignorant as to the effects of cardboard wads at close range. Scared the crap out of all of us. Our adult supervision was also ignorant. It's just great good luck that we didn't ruin somebody's eye.

No so many years ago (70s or so?) I recall an OKC police officer losing his life in a practical joke scenario when a fellow officer shot a blank at his chest from very short range.

Again, I haven't seen anything on the hazards of blanks lately. Any thoughts or other incidents? CB

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way back in the day, probably late 70's or 80's there was a young actor in his first series. He was goofing around on the set and put a pistol loaded with blanks to his head and pulled the trigger, the chunk of skull it blew out, penetrated his brain and killed him. I can't remember his name or the series, but they tried to replace him and it didn't work, the series sank.

Didn't Bruce Lee's son die on the set of the Crow, due to being shot with a blank?

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he was shot with a live round

Edit: there was a "dummy" bullet stuck in one of the guns barrels and when they shot a blank through it, it came out and hit him in the abdomen and killed him

Latest posts

Top Bottom