Bobbys here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bout 24 pounds. There actually fairly long and lean when you skin one. They are pretty light for there size.

I'm thinking this would be a good guess. Most I've seen are much smaller(younger) than this one. This is a mature female I believe. When I put the eye on her the other day, I could see a little lower belly sag where the milk sack would be.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone on here every got a bobcat or 'yote with a bow? Seems like that would take some real serious skill....
QUOTE]

I've taken one with the .45ACP, 1911, in another thread.
Here is a pic of the cat from yesterday.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_SUNP0047.jpg

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a full grown kitty or two in the city and I enjoy watching him or her walk thru the yard and give me no heed. Last week the cat came into the yard and grabbed a full grown sun flowered fattened fox squirrel from under the bird feeder killed it and walked off with squirrel in mouth. My daughter who is a veterinarian watched in horror and declared this was horrible. I thought it was neat and would loved to have shot some video of it happening.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen one that color.... I only see grey spotted bobbies. I was hunting last week and a young one came within 18-20yards of me.
I have a pic I took from my phone of him when he was drinking from a puddle.

And shortly before that a yote with tried crossing our trail 3 separate times. (75-85 yards in distance) he looked directly at me each time checking my position.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis that is sure a beautiful cat. Tell us about the one you got with your .45acp. Did you have it mounted? Any pictures?

Yes I had it mounted, and actually recovered the bullet. the cat was directly under my stand.
Cat skin is extremely flexible, so when shot, the bullet hit the cat, and impacted the ground underneath without breaking the skin in the belly. I cut the bullet out.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00169.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00256.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P6290052.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom