Bobbys here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a big cat for sure. That's awesome you took that other cat with the 1911.

The cat with the 1911 is listed in my "favorite things I've done in my life" book.

My sister is a geneology freak and uses the pic with the cat in the book she published.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_bobcat1.jpg

I don't hold a candle to this guy!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_coyotebarn.jpg

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of that bullet you recovered and it sure delivered it's load didn't it? That is amazing that the bullet stayed in the cat but kicked up the dirt beneath it. I guess it expanded so much it couldn't punch through the loose skin. Did the cat drop dead right there or jump at the shot or what? What was bullet you used from the .45acp? Nice picture of the cat & the 1911. I like your rifle and hunting clothes you're wearing in the picture. You look warm and happy.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
!pinche bobcat!! Hide your poultries!

+1 to that. I have one in the area that my wife and I have SEEN him three times now get hens and head to the woods.. Sorry thing came within about 15 ft of the tree stand when I was getting ready to get down. He saw me before I could get the bow ready to put an arrow to him. Same cat got one of my chickens that evening........

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet Kitty.............Had one walk to within about spittin' distance of me while Turkey Huntin' last Spring. Stopped broad-sided to me, looked right into my camo-netted eyes for what seemed like about 30secs, looked back off across the field it had just come into, back at me, then just wandered off.

Truly Awesome.........I just sat there with the Ole Shotty across my lap like a pillar of stone in amazement. Dont know what Kitty thought I was, but it wsn't too concerned. Haven't seen it since.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a very nice cat in Cleo Springs last weekend. I also found two dead pheasants on the way to the stand. Come Dec. 1 he's fair game!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the looks of that bullet you recovered and it sure delivered it's load didn't it? That is amazing that the bullet stayed in the cat but kicked up the dirt beneath it. I guess it expanded so much it couldn't punch through the loose skin. Did the cat drop dead right there or jump at the shot or what? What was bullet you used from the .45acp? Nice picture of the cat & the 1911. I like your rifle and hunting clothes you're wearing in the picture. You look warm and happy.

The cat never moved after the shot. The bullet was a speer gold dot 185 grain +p. Same round used to take two does last year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom