Boeheim wins 900th, appeals for action on firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently the tragedy in CT was due to 30 round magazines.

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — With his wife, Juli, looking on at the postgame press conference and his young children close by, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim's final remarks were not about his milestone 900th career victory. Instead, he was thinking about two 6-year-old boys who were buried Monday, victims along with 18 other children and six adults in a shooting massacre last week at an elementary school in Connecticut.

"If we cannot get the people who represent us to do something about firearms, we are a sad, sad society," Boeheim said Monday night. "If one person in this world, the NRA president, anybody, can tell me why we need assault weapons with 30 shots — this is our fault if we don't go out there and do something about this. If we can't get this thing done, I don't know what kind of country we have." It was a sobering end to what was a memorable evening for Syracuse basketball.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are a sad, sad society if we think that 30 round magazines are the cause of these murders.

I'll be happy to tell this idiot why we need 30 round magazines... it's so that we can properly defend ourselves against those who would oppress us just as he is suggesting the government do. I'm so done pussyfooting around with these morons. "NEED" isn't in the 2nd Amendment anywhere... it is our RIGHT! Ask this dummy if anyone "NEEDS" to have the ability to say whatever they want or to worship wherever they want as the 1st Amendment protects? One certainly won't fall over dead without those rights either, but that doesn't change the fact that they are our RIGHTS.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very well said. Thats why you are and always will be the HMFIC

Thanks. I'll be here all week; try the veal.

I do have to correct myself a little though...

In fact 'NEED' is part of the 2nd Amendment in the form of the word "necessary". The 2nd Amendment says that we DO NEED to be able to secure our own freedom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom