Boehner: There’s no rule that says I need a Republican majority in order to pass bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
images

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/...majority-in-order-to-pass-bills-in-the-house/

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) signaled Thursday that he may continue to bypass a House Republican rule [i.e. the "Hastert Rule"] that has required any legislation being voted upon to have the support of a majority of the GOP conference…He said at a news conference Thursday that he will continue to try and follow it in spirit, but also suggested he might well violate it for upcoming votes on guns, immigration and the budget. "Listen: It was never a rule to begin with,” Boehner said. "And certainly my prerogative – my intention is to always pass bills with strong Republican support.”

qzprod.files.wordpress.com_2012_11_boehner_and_obama.jpg_86985a4bfdf5a96322942dee7c6aa86d.jpg

prepare your anus.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they pass any gun control legislation, it will be the end of the GOP, in my mind. They may as well just go away. Conservatives in the GOP will need to find a different label if they want my vote. GOP just won't cut it any more.
:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom