Boeshield T9 rust preventative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a novice wannabe dreamer machinist. In my research and reading on machining tools I often hear about a product called Boeshield that is supposedly an excellent rust preventative. I have not used the product and was just curious if anyone here had used it as protectant for firearms.

If so I'd like to hear about its effectiveness. Actually I'm curious to know if anyone had used it on any equipment, not limited to firearms.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know Brownells carries it. I haven't used it but a friend of mine does. The only thing I can say about is that it doesn't have the familiar odor of most gun lubes. It sounds like a good product especially if stays where it's applied. It seems like most gun oils will eventually creep/run off the surface they're applied to. Sorry, I don't have better info to share.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, I think it's made by or for Boeing and does a decent job as a rust prohibitor. I've never used it but read a comparison test about it some time ago.

Yeah that what I have read too: That is was developed by Boeing in their labs. It is pretty popular in the machining world and I also see it mentioned quite a bit in the bicycling world.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has wax in it. I have been using it for about 3 years now. I use it for rust preventative, with great results on guns and knives. Plus, I sweat a lot! I especially like it on Parkerizing.

I don't really use it as a lube, because I like FP-10 much better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom