Boo-Boo kits...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a list of stuff that I deleted because most people either don't know how to use it or won't. A lot of folks think coban sang for Nirvana.
There’s a lot more that would no doubt be useful if you trained with it a lot. I’m pretty sure I have a Kings Airway laying around somewhere, knowing full well I’m not going to use that on a family member anywhere that I’m not within minutes of an ED… so, catch 22. I do laugh at the thought of my wife trying to use it on me though.
NPA would be more useful for a layman, less invasive and all.
I do think a coagulant gauze would be handy to keep, but I never actually order any.
Your suggestion of forceps is a good one, and something I’ve seen be useful enough that I should have thought of as well. Even to shove a chunk of steak down the esophagus to clear the airway from a total blockage - she probably needed surgery afterward, but she’d have been DOA otherwise.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my "dad bag kit" so far more than adequate and has some things I hope I never use. The cars both have real deal trauma kits plus SAM splints and we have a trauma kit and splints in the house.
IMG_20221212_185931.jpg
IMG_20221212_190951.jpg
IMG_20221212_191021.jpg

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody else carry simple boo-boo kits as a part of their EDC? A few weeks ago, my youngest grandson had a simple cut on his finger while we were out and about. It bled quite a bit, but you woulda thought he cut his entire hand off. Of course, a thimble full of blood looks like a gallon when it's sloshed around.

So anyway, not having anything to basically help him feel better, we stopped at the nearest Walmart and picked up a box of bandages and some neosporin. That prompted me to build a small, simple first aid kit.

Now when I say small and simple, I mean just a few band aids, some triple antibiotic cream, hand sanitizer, Qtips, Wet Ones and a pair of tweezers. I've got it all in a 3x4 Zero Feud pouch.

View attachment 328269
View attachment 328270

Anybody else carry something similar to this? Anything else you can think of that I need, let's hear it.
Peroxide

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After a long career in EMS I can tell two of the most "used together" items on the truck were 4x4 gauze and coban (vet rap). Any kit without those two items is lacking. I could take care of 90% of all trauma injuries with those items and if the 4x4s couldn't get it done I would step up to a 5x8 ABD pad. Roller gauze was also a common go-to item for securing 4x4s especially for burns, but I always preferred the Coban because it's so superior to medical tapes.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After a long career in EMS I can tell two of the most "used together" items on the truck were 4x4 gauze and coban (vet rap). Any kit without those two items is lacking. I could take care of 90% of all trauma injuries with those items and if the 4x4s couldn't get it done I would step up to a 5x8 ABD pad. Roller gauze was also a common go-to item for securing 4x4s especially for burns, but I always preferred the Coban because it's so superior to medical tapes.
I was surprised to see coban still being used out here (it does work great) it is discontinued many places due to latex allergies. Doesn't really matter for a home kit tho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom