BOOMER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a side note, did anyone catch the Iowa State game they put it on Texas Tech and Tech is pretty solid team.

I am thinking all of the BIG 12 might be a little better than first thought (except Kansas although I think they would have a decent defense if the offense could keep them off the field for more than 4 downs)

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
On a side note, did anyone catch the Iowa State game they put it on Texas Tech and Tech is pretty solid team.

I am thinking all of the BIG 12 might be a little better than first thought (except Kansas although I think they would have a decent defense if the offense could keep them off the field for more than 4 downs)

If OU can get through the season without another loss they may earn another chance to play Iowa State in the champion ship game. But that is a huge if. OU offense seems to loose focus and defense is hit and miss at best!! Kind of crazy talking about Iowa state possibly playing in the B12 championship. Crazy times in the conference !!

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If OU can get through the season without another loss they may earn another chance to play Iowa State in the champion ship game. But that is a huge if. OU offense seems to loose focus and defense is hit and miss at best!! Kind of crazy talking about Iowa state possibly playing in the B12 championship. Crazy times in the conference !!
I wouldn't bet a dollar bill on OU's chances of finishing with 1 loss.

Texas Tech
at OSU
TCU
at Kansas
WV

OU could screw up and draw a loss at any one of those except Kansas. Remember the OU/TT game last year. One Million yards of total offense. OU won that game because they ran TT out of Gatorade. There was no Defense to be found in Lubbock county that day. Mayfield can't be running around, he's already had his bell rung once, another good hit and they'll probably hide his helmet.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet a dollar bill on OU's chances of finishing with 1 loss.

Texas Tech
at OSU
TCU
at Kansas
WV

OU could screw up and draw a loss at any one of those except Kansas. Remember the OU/TT game last year. One Million yards of total offense. OU won that game because they ran TT out of Gatorade. There was no Defense to be found in Lubbock county that day. Mayfield can't be running around, he's already had his bell rung once, another good hit and they'll probably hide his helmet.

I agree DW the chances are slim for them to win out!!!

Can't argue with either of these posts. But the real question is, what happens if they do win out? The Big 12 seems more "balanced" this year and a little better than in years past. Remember except for OSU they have all home games except for Kansas which won't matter either way (a gimme game).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mayfield has carried the mail for a couple of games. I've noticed he has started taking hits to gain some yards vs sliding in.
He has the Heisman in his focus, and not his pro career if he gets hurt.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't argue with either of these posts. But the real question is, what happens if they do win out?
If they win out, then we've got Mike Stoops defense in 2018. Although he sucks, it's hard to justify cutting a coach with 1 loss. Since we know they're probably not good enough to beat the top tier teams in the playoff and this season is shot anyway, better hope they lose some more and lose big. A big 12 championship without getting into the playoffs is little more than a participation ribbon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom