Bourbon drinkers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never tried any decent scotch, but Glenlivet keeps coming up. Is it really all that?

Scotch is an acquired taste for sure. Personally, I think bourbon is for mixing, Scotch is for neat or rocks. Glenlivet is a very very good Scotch. The older the better, and some of their many varieties are flat out wonderful. Not sure if you can find those in pint-sized varieties, as I've never seen them. Hard to justify $50+ on a bottle of something you may not like. Better off hooking up with some people here and having a "tasting party" probably. I know I'm up for it!

Anyone wanna do a Scotch-party in the Tulsa area? Everyone buys a bottle and brings something different?

And then, of course... we have to have a cadre of DDs. :D

<edit> Picked up some soapstone cubes last week, hopefully they'll come in soon, so I can drink my Scotch on the rocks without watering it down! ;)

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tRdoc have you seen or tried this before? I was in my local shop and he had a couple of bottle but couldn't figure out what to price it at so I gave him $20 for a bottle. Is this any different from regular Chivis or is it just a different bottle? Is it worth going back for the other bottle?

[Broken External Image]

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strathisla is a blended malt used in the production of Chivas, I believe. So it is different. It isn't greatly reviewed, but it's an interesting catch. I wouldn't mind a bottle for $20. ;) If nothing else, it's a bottle you don't see very often.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in Bartlesville, north of Tulsa. I might make it over that way in a few weeks, but I dunno.

<edit> The price I saw on it mentioned around $56 in Toronto, so it sounds like you got a decent deal.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
J.P. said:
Any Bourbon drinkers that have not tried Blanton's...do yourself a favor.
If it isn't the best you've tried someone (who isn't me) will kiss your ass. :D

Picked up a bottle today upon your recommendation. Gonna give it a try tonight.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update! I got a bottle of knob creek single barrel, 120 proof. Wow! Great for mixing. Not sure if it's worth.the change from my precious Woodford, or makers if I'm strapped, but it's some seriously good stuff. Still haven't tried scotch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom