Bourbon drinkers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ah, I knew i'd find friends here. I too was on a crown kick, especially in coke or cranberry. However I went back to woodford, and since then I agree it is the nectar. I prefer it on the rocks though.

As for Jack, I'm not a fan. Admittedly I think I may have to try the single barrel.

Neanderthal, get yourself at least a pint of something decent, and after a glass of the good stuff switch to KD. Times are tough, but life is too short to drink only cheap bourbon.

I've never tried any decent scotch, but Glenlivet keeps coming up. Is it really all that?

Yes it is!!!!!!!!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to go with the mentioned Blanton's and Woodford Reserve on bourbon. I used to be strictly bourbon, but have been dabbling in scotch recently. My favorite mid-priced scotch is a 12 year Macallan. It is about $60 a bottle, won't break the bank and is smooth on the rocks, not too smoky.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My personal favorite is another Buffalo Trace product. Elmer T. Lee. The old man comes in and tastes his barrels and then says when to bottle it, so each batch is a little different but each batch is spectacular bourbon. I LOVE that stuff. It is only sold regionally, so my mother-in-law picks up a bottle whenever she travels to the south on business. She always gets me that and Ancient Ancient Age, which is a 10 yr old version of the normal AA that is only available in Kentucky and a couple of surrounding states. If you can get a bottle, Hancock's Reserve is pretty wonderful, too, but I have never seen it in Oklahoma.

I have tried the Blanton's and Eagle Rare and they are both damn good, but not my favorites.

As far as Tennessee whiskey, it is all Dickel. I don't like Jack Daniel's at all, it tastes oily to me.

As for the wheated bourbons, I like Weller 107 and Maker's Mark, in that order.

For Rye, I like Sazerac Rye and Beam Rye - for the money, Jim Beam Rye is a hell of a deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom