Bow Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know a good place to Bow Hunt around the greater OKC area?

I have free access to quite a bit of land up in North Oklahoma around the Jet area that I normally rifle hunt but thats a long drive to make every weekend.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Public would be ok, thanks for the links.

I'd also like to do some pig hunting if anyone needs some removed let me know.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, if I had access to land around Jet, I would be making trips when I could to bow hunt there, even if that meant half the trips through the season. That area in general can be good for deer hunting.

This is also coming from a person that loves to Bow Hunt, so it is easy for me to recommend cutting your number of hunts in half. I would try to bow hunt out towards Jet a few times though. Would probably be worth the trips.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, if I had access to land around Jet, I would be making trips when I could to bow hunt there, even if that meant half the trips through the season. That area in general can be good for deer hunting.

This is also coming from a person that loves to Bow Hunt, so it is easy for me to recommend cutting your number of hunts in half. I would try to bow hunt out towards Jet a few times though. Would probably be worth the trips.

Yeah my wife's family has 1000-1500 acres around the town of Nash. Two years ago I got into rifle hunting and have taken two deer a year from a small 50-60 acre spot right off the salt fork river. I was up there last weekend scouting some good spots for a tree stand or two.

Just thought I'd see if anyone knew somewhere a lol more local lol

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go to Jet/Nash waaaay before anywhere around OKC...
I've hunted that area and lease just down the road. It's well worth the time and effort over trying to find a closer place.
And I drive there from BA to hunt...

It is nice to not have to worry bout losing my hunting spot or getting intruded on.

voodoobass

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted T bird for years when I lived down there. It can be pretty good hunting, but it takes a good while to learn where to go. LOTS of folks hit it every year since it's so close to OKC. I found a few good spots, but you had to be willing to wade a creek or go through some pretty thick scrub oaks to get back to where most folks wouldn't go. One of the spots though was right beside the parking/entry spot. Seems the deer there figured out that most everyone walked a few hundred yards in, so they hung out by their cars until they heard them coming back for lunch! ;)

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted T bird for years when I lived down there. It can be pretty good hunting, but it takes a good while to learn where to go. LOTS of folks hit it every year since it's so close to OKC. I found a few good spots, but you had to be willing to wade a creek or go through some pretty thick scrub oaks to get back to where most folks wouldn't go. One of the spots though was right beside the parking/entry spot. Seems the deer there figured out that most everyone walked a few hundred yards in, so they hung out by their cars until they heard them coming back for lunch! ;)

Funny you say that....I hunt one spot and I can still see my truck. Everyone always looks at me sitting on a chair on the ground at the parking lot, but the jokes on them! I get a deer there every year, makes loading into the truck a breeze!

voodoobass

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you say that....I hunt one spot and I can still see my truck. Everyone always looks at me sitting on a chair on the ground at the parking lot, but the jokes on them! I get a deer there every year, makes loading into the truck a breeze!

It is funny how that works sometimes isn't it? I had a spot on Gruber that was the same way. Parked at the base of a hill, walked about halfway up, maybe 70-80 yards from the truck, and usually had great luck. The downhill drag was a breeze! BTW, to the OP, I had my best luck on T-bird on the south side of the lake. Best of luck to ya this season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom