Breaking: ATF Changes Their Mind On Pistol Braces AGAIN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took advantage of the free registration and received my approval in 30 days. It wasn’t like I didn’t already have several Class 3 items registered. One more won’t make any difference. The rule clearly states in their FAQ that once registered as a SBR, you can put any stock you want on it. I replaced my brace with a Magpul collapsible AR type stock. Since I have a few other AR15 firearms, does the possession of the brace become illegal on May 31? I’ll bet I couldn’t find an ATF agent that could answer the question.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took advantage of the free registration and received my approval in 30 days. It wasn’t like I didn’t already have several Class 3 items registered. One more won’t make any difference. The rule clearly states in their FAQ that once registered as a SBR, you can put any stock you want on it. I replaced my brace with a Magpul collapsible AR type stock. Since I have a few other AR15 firearms, does the possession of the brace become illegal on May 31? I’ll bet I couldn’t find an ATF agent that could answer the question.

I bet you can’t either, because the rules make no sense.

What’s stupid is tagging these firearms with any monicker at all. It’s just complete BS.

If they insist on regulating them, the person (not the firearm) should get an approval or stamp of some kind, and then that person should be able to posses as many or as few suppressors, SBR’s & SBS’s as they want or can afford.

The current regulations are nonsensical. They’re actually complete horse ****, but whatever.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its for your safety. SBRs are just too dangerous in the hands of americans. We all need to abide by the ATF, they are truly experts and they have college degrees so you know theyre educated. There may even be some veterans in there and every veteran is well versed on the constitution of the United States AND world history. So all of anti ATF extremists are just selfish. (extreme sarcasm)
ATF does not have the authority to make laws. If there is not law written and approved through Congress How can a person be convicted for this. Some of your statements sound like a democrat or are you ATF?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I’m sure he understands what I’m saying now (as far as KGB goes). Problem is that he was running around with a bunch of auto sears in his pocket and calling them novelty items. Then he puts them on YouTube. Not the brightest idea.
He had pictures of them drawn on metal. I saw a vid that said the ATF had to try 4-5 of them before they could make one work and it took and hour of gunsmithing and still wouldn't function reliably. Is the standard 1hr of gunsmithing? If so, a piece of metal in your garage could also be "potentially" an illegal part.

EDIT: I agree he was pushing the envelope and anyone who got one had to know it was risky. But on principle, I still think it is a punishment in search of a crime; especially if the card was still in-tact. That's just my opinion, I do not have one nor am I a legal expert.

Last edited:

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone wants to give me their braced AR pistol, I'll gladly take it off your hands for free so you don't get caught by the ATF. It's for your own safety.
Yes I too am willing to make the sacrifice but I will require a small fee to accept braced pistols. Think of it as a doc fee like when a car dealer screws you out of an extra 500.00 for what was free for a hundred years.

Chemicalkorn

Fully semiautomatic & clip fed
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u2.jpg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ATF does not have the authority to make laws. If there is not law written and approved through Congress How can a person be convicted for this. Some of your statements sound like a democrat or are you ATF?

I believe his sarcasm might have been lost on you, but maybe I misread him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom