Breaking: ATF Changes Their Mind On Pistol Braces AGAIN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of people are joining FPC because of this. The ruling seems to leave it wide open as to the date of membership. $30 to join it looks like.

I wouldn’t think join date would matter. If an organization receives injunctive relief, I believe it applies to all members, regardless of when they became a member, but I slept in my own bed last night, not at a Holiday Inn. I also am not a lawyer, nor do I portray one on TV. So, I could be very, very wrong.

Someone with the money needs to keep chasing this thing all the way up until we get a 6-3 ruling on SBR’s, SBS’s and suppressors. Capricious rules are capricious. They gots tago.

All three of those things should be able to be purchased at a local Atwood’s with nothing more than a standard 4473. If they insist on knowing everyone that has one, which is unconstitutional on its face, issue a card (like a CCW) to those that request one and pass a normal 4473 background check. Once you have the card, buy as many or as few suppressors as you like and the same with the other 2, following a proceed on a 4473 for the firearms. Passing a background check on an accessory is as dumb as it gets. Imagine having to wait 9-15 months to buy a rifle scope. Stupid. Put into place by people that have probably never fired a firearm in their lives. Dumbest **** ever.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of people are joining FPC because of this. The ruling seems to leave it wide open as to the date of membership. $30 to join it looks like.
So for those who don't want to join, we just take the brace off for the time being? I finally got around to submitting the E-form for the darned thing too.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So for those who don't want to join, we just take the brace off for the time being? I finally got around to submitting the E-form for the darned thing too.
I originally understood it that once you submitted the Form 1 and recived the "letter" confirming that you had, you could use a regular butt stock. I don't know for certain though.

Most are waiting until they get their"stamp" from what I understand.

I have decided not to get the "free" SBR so I don't know all of the details.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t see any requirement to give money to join. FPC is a nonprofit. As far as I know all you have to do is register on their site to be a member. After registering I decided to give them monthly contributions, not because I need to for any reason, I just really like what they’re doing. I don’t own any pistol braces (yet), but I can’t resist my desire to “stick it to the man.”

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t see any requirement to give money to join. FPC is a nonprofit. As far as I know all you have to do is register on their site to be a member. After registering I decided to give them monthly contributions, not because I need to for any reason, I just really like what they’re doing. I don’t own any pistol braces (yet), but I can’t resist my desire to “stick it to the man.”

I do the same thing. I use my PayPal account for the donations and to buy cool anti-AFT stuff on their website.

Like sticking it to the man twice... I love using my PP account or PP MasterCard to pay for gun stuff. They also give me 2% back.

It's like sticking it to the man 3 times...

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of their better ones...

FU No.jpg
Save Dogs.jpg
Stack Up.jpg

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So are the cripples (the OG peeps the braces were made for) still exempt or do they have to register for sbr stamp too? I haven't followed it close since IDGAF. Just curious.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if you are a member you can have a brace and if not member after the 31st you can't? Sounds like BS to me. Has anyone dug in on this? I can't get my head around two people at the range and ATF walks up and takes one to jail and telsl the other to have a nice day.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So are the cripples (the OG peeps the braces were made for) still exempt or do they have to register for sbr stamp too? I haven't followed it close since IDGAF. Just curious.

No one was ever "exempt". They were just invented to assist certain disabled people with shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom