Abolish The ATF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll get optimistic when they decide to start cutting their budget first. Our government doesnt really abolish agencies, they just neuter them with micro budgets.

This. The House Appropriations Committee holds the purse strings, and the new Chairperson is Kay Granger of Texas, a strong 2A proponent.

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've come to realize that the HUGE majority of people in politics are not interested doing things that actually benefit the people/country. They aren't concerned about creating a real solution to problems. What they want is to manipulate the situation so it puts them in a position of more power, or puts money in their pockets, or both. Every time they work on something, it adds another layer of bureaucracy that creates another series of problems that now needs new 'solutioms'.

It's like prescription drugs. You take a drug to treat a problem, but you need another sack full of drugs to treat the side-effects of the first one...

This is exactly why they fought Trump so hard. They hated him because they couldn't buy him, they couldn't intimidate him, and they couldn't manipulate him.

I'm not suggesting Trump was perfect, but I am convinced that he loves this country and wanted to do things that were really beneficial.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've come to realize that the HUGE majority of people in politics are not interested doing things that actually benefit the people/country. They aren't concerned about creating a real solution to problems. What they want is to manipulate the situation so it puts them in a position of more power, or puts money in their pockets, or both. Every time they work on something, it adds another layer of bureaucracy that creates another series of problems that now needs new 'solutioms'.

It's like prescription drugs. You take a drug to treat a problem, but you need another sack full of drugs to treat the side-effects of the first one...

This is exactly why they fought Trump so hard. They hated him because they couldn't buy him, they couldn't intimidate him, and they couldn't manipulate him.

I'm not suggesting Trump was perfect, but I am convinced that he loves this country and wanted to do things that were really beneficial.
Agreed

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. The House Appropriations Committee holds the purse strings, and the new Chairperson is Kay Granger of Texas, a strong 2A proponent.
It doesn’t matter who she is, where she comes from, or what she believes in, because history is proving that everyone can be bought. I’m not holding my breath that a d*mn thing is going to change any time soon. :censored:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a vid on the tube from shot show of a GOA attorney explaining that the bureau itself didn't even know what the "rule" is and it is left open to their discretion for interpretation. He said that it was written such that when people register, most of the checks will fail at the 88 day mark as is common place for NFA weapons anyway, and then the agent at shot show told him that even though folks tried to comply, and even though the failed processing wasn't their fault, that as soon as 120 days passes, the first people they will target are those who tried to comply.

I can't say it enough that I'm so glad I never got one. However, for those who did, the easiest fix is to put a 16" barrel on it before the 120 day period ends. Lotta debate since a buffer is required for the weapon to operate, if even a AR pistol will still even be legal because of the fixed tube protrusion. Safe thing to do from my perspective is just get a 16" upper and forget about ever using the other one again unless the rule is overturned later. Sry for all those affected by the rug pull, but if it were me, I'd be making what I had legal. Once you do that, toss the brace aside too and just use an actual stock and enjoy the rifle.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
& not that I know anything about this topic, I'm just following along trying to soak up as much info as possible,

But I don't think a weapon (rifle, pistol, or sbr or sbs) can be registered if it doesn't have a serial number.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
& not that I know anything about this topic, I'm just following along trying to soak up as much info as possible,

But I don't think a weapon (rifle, pistol, or sbr or sbs) can be registered if it doesn't have a serial number.
I don't know where the current goal post has moved in regards to "ghost guns" as far as legality (I never owned one), but I do know that if you have a lower like that and you have a short upper on it, you best put a 16" upper on it soon. I would imagine if someone did try to register one of those, that they would require it to be serialized to become an NFA weapon. I get most of my info on this topic from youtube, so don't take my opinions as advice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom