Brief Raven Concealment Systems Phantom Review - 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great looking holster. I would almost be afraid to carry a Wilson every day for fear of somehow losing it, such as If your vehicle was broken into at work.

That is certainly an appropriate concern. I have all of my firearms on their own personal articles insurance policy, so in the case of fire, theft, etc - they are fully covered at my listing price with no deductible. That is what helps me have an assurance that I am protected on that front. Always remember to insure at replacement value - not the amount you actually spent. ;)

TheAvenger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is certainly an appropriate concern. I have all of my firearms on their own personal articles insurance policy, so in the case of fire, theft, etc - they are fully covered at my listing price with no deductible. That is what helps me have an assurance that I am protected on that front. Always remember to insure at replacement value - not the amount you actually spent. ;)

Good advice and an excellent solution to the problem.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Good advice on the insurance.

Only downside to this is most insurances will not cover legal confiscation; so if you use it in a shoot and its taken for evidence insurance will not cover. If it was a good shoot you'll get it back just might not be in as good of shape. Of course a $2,000 pistol will probably be of little concern if you had to successfully defend your life.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there's no way even a commander sized 1911 will work for me.

here's my pocket carry ... 12.5 oz loaded S&W 337 PD w/crimson trace.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_337pd2.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_337pd3.JPG

If you can't make it work, you should try a Commander length....that's the only size I can carry comfortably in the position I use.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BR82, your post was an interesting read for me.
Thanks

CY, carry whatever you want and leave the 1911's to me, I am fat enough to hide several of them..

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice review!

I like the looks of the holster, I just can't stand kydex clips. I'd like to see a kydex holster with leather snap loops.
As mentioned, I believe they do in fact offer a strap option.
If not, there are other Kydex makers who offer that type of setup...Comp-tac, Blade-tec, etc.

you carried a glock 19 with no problems?
I carry a G23 daily without issue either IWB or OWB under a t-shirt at the 2:00 position.
Experimenting with alternate locations can help you find a way...and it also depends on your build and attire.

Great looking holster. I would almost be afraid to carry a Wilson every day for fear of somehow losing it, such as If your vehicle was broken into at work.
The simple solution is to carry it on your person rather than leaving it unattended in your vehicle.

there's no way even a commander sized 1911 will work for me.
here's my pocket carry ... 12.5 oz loaded S&W 337 PD w/crimson trace.
What is your daily attire and your build?
I ask because it does matter and knowing that stuff can help others offer solutions. Obviously a commander sized 1911 works fine for me since I can carry a G23 daily.
It did take some experimentation to get it right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom