Broadcast TV - more channels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot more digital TV channels than what there used to be with analog. Being a ham radio operator, there is some odd ducting going on over the past couple days, so you may get some sporadic additional channels at times.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't just go by the antenna point websites. Twist that bad boy around in different directions and scan each time.

Put one on my cousins shop in Hollis, went from getting 17 channels pointed toward the advised towers to getting 39 channels pointed 180° away. It was wild.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't just go by the antenna point websites. Twist that bad boy around in different directions and scan each time.

Put one on my cousins shop in Hollis, went from getting 17 channels pointed toward the advised towers to getting 39 channels pointed 180° away. It was wild.
Hollis is way down there man. I used to make that drive from time to time when I was working out of Lawton. There ain't to much there.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hollis is way down there man. I used to make that drive from time to time when I was working out of Lawton. There ain't to much there.

Been my experience that the smaller the town, the more fun the activities get. Got to shoot rabbits out of the bed of a truck running down dirt roads at night a few years ago. Was the sheriff's truck, he loaned us both shotguns lol

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My TV in my apartment in south Tulsa picks up a boatload of channels when it rescans, but for most of them it's just getting enough signal to know that there's a broadcast, not enough to actually pull in the programming. I have one of those "sheet of paper" flat antennas, bought because it was cheeeeep, sitting next to a box by the sliding door that faces vaguely NNW, and most days it'll pick up the News6 news loop channel, MeTV, Grit, and H&I, which is more TV than I normally want.

The funny thing is that it couldn't even see a carrier signal from OETA, but I just now rescanned, and I can see all of the Channel 11 subchannels...

Latest posts

Top Bottom