Browns star Garrett facing NFL discipline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, Pouncey was kicking a player who was unable to defend himself because he was trapped under an offensive lineman (who actually was protecting his QB). He earned his ticket to the bench, just like Garrett.

Whether Mason's hand was trapped in Garrett's facemask or not, following him and running his mouth was, at the very least, not smart. When you're starting because your starting QB is out, you have to be smart enough to avoid putting yourself in a position to get hit on the melon with your own hat--and he's lucky that he caught the open end of the helmet instead of the crown.

IMHO, Rudolph should've had his wallet lightened for his role in that. If he doesn't keep following and running his mouth, that helmet doesn't get swung at him.

And Baker was right in his post-game interview--it was inexcusable. It was stupid and it hurt the team, not to mention leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth after what was otherwise a great win for the Browns.

After careful consideration, I've changed my mind. After Garrett unnecessarily roughed the passer (and a flag was thrown for it), and he got through holding Rudolph on the ground longer than necessary, ripped off his helmet and used it as a weapon to hit Rudolph in the head, he did curl up in a little ball like a coward once he found himself confronted by two offensive lineman. At that point Pouncey shouldn't have tried to hit and kick Garrett, no matter how ineffectual and pathetic the attempt was. Therefore he does deserve the suspension too, because rules are rules.

There is a storied rivalry between the Browns and Steelers so a hard hitting game is expected. However, I'm not the only person who watched the game and came away with the impression that there was a strong resemblance to an old school "bounty" game on the part of the Browns. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it felt to the players on the field, so Garrett's late hit in the final 8 seconds of a game that was already decided further reinforced that impression. JMO, YMMV

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I guess it does. I refuse to be a victim, that includes getting attacked by a woman who thinks that I won't fight because because I'm a guy. Like I said I've seen some guys get really messed up because they didn't defend themself against a woman attacker. And there is a lot of females out there who are under the impression they have the right to attack a guy without retribution. Videos like that are all the same. Girl hits guy, guy does nothing and people call him a wuss. Girl hits guy, guy hits back and he is called a thug, trash, etc. Society singles out the guy every time they are attacked by a female.

Simple fact of life: don't want to get hit? Don't swing at someone.
If I ever happen to be present when you "defend" yourself against a female, I'll show you what a bad day really is.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its ok druryj, not like I take anything said in here seriously. Opinions are what they are. I state mine and how people react is on them. Doesnt affect me in the slightest.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to ESPN, Rudolph will be fined and, as per the league collective bargaining agreement, the penalty for a first-time fighting violation comes up to $35,096. The NFL Network reported Friday that Rudolph will not be suspended for his role in the fight.

The NFL has yet to announce officially whether Rudolph will be fined

Rudolph’s representatives suggested Friday that the quarterback could pursue legal action against Garrett. However, the NFL Network reported that Rudolph wouldn’t file charges in the case and considered the situation to be an NFL issue.

“I thought it was cowardly and bush league,” Rudolph said after the game Thursday. “There is plenty of tape out there to watch. I haven’t seen it yet. I don’t know what the rules are. I know it was bush league and a total coward move on his part. It’s OK, I’ll take it. I’m not going to back down from any bully out there. We will see what happens.”

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
spare me the "defend yourself" BS LOL.
I've had to defend myself against a woman before. She was trying to punch me in the face and all I did is raise my arms to block it. and she landed one square on my elbow and broke the ring finger bone in the back of her hand. Collateral damage by her but I never touched her until I bear hugged her and carried her out the back door and then I ran back in. Problem solved. She was plenty feisty and I guess ______would justify hitting her. Bless his heart.
Thats when I knew my marriage needed over lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom