Browns star Garrett facing NFL discipline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let em fight as far as I'm concerned. Ain't nothing wrong with some fisticuffs. If you don't want smacked with a helmet, don't go after the fella that just jerked yours off.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meanwhile in baseball, it’s a perfectly accepted unwritten code of ethics that “allows” pitchers to throw 90+mph at batters who they feel may have shown them up in the past, are on a hot streak at the plate, happen to be the teammate of a pitcher they’ve taken issue with, etc etc.

Oddly enough we don’t hear all the assault and battery cries and “ban them for life” chants when that happens.

Garret lost his cool in a violent game where we celebrate the violence so long as it’s within the rules and what we deem acceptable.

You’ll forgive me if I’m gonna keep my pitchfork in the barn on this one. While Rudolph isn’t responsible for how garret responded, he was a catalyst for it and he bares some blame. Would’ve rather seen garret drop the helmet and just let his hands go to work on Rudolph’s nose once or twice but sometimes people just lose their cool. That doesn’t make it right, but I certainly understand it.

Don’t start none, won’t be none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hit batters don't rush the mound with their bat.....
Hockey players drop their sticks and have at it.....
Boxers don't grab the spit bucket and start swinging ....
NBA players.....don't have anything within reach lol

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Garrett deserved to be suspended for the rest of the season. Pounced deserved to pay a fine, but the 3 game suspension was unwarranted. He was just protecting his QB from a completely out of control Garrett.
No, Pouncey was kicking a player who was unable to defend himself because he was trapped under an offensive lineman (who actually was protecting his QB). He earned his ticket to the bench, just like Garrett.

Whether Mason's hand was trapped in Garrett's facemask or not, following him and running his mouth was, at the very least, not smart. When you're starting because your starting QB is out, you have to be smart enough to avoid putting yourself in a position to get hit on the melon with your own hat--and he's lucky that he caught the open end of the helmet instead of the crown.

IMHO, Rudolph should've had his wallet lightened for his role in that. If he doesn't keep following and running his mouth, that helmet doesn't get swung at him.

And Baker was right in his post-game interview--it was inexcusable. It was stupid and it hurt the team, not to mention leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth after what was otherwise a great win for the Browns.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the kind of teammate that baker mayfield brings.
First mixon then this felon

First, Mixon did nothing wrong. End of story. (yep, the fur is gonna fly with that comment). Second, Garrett was on the team a lot longer than Mayfield, so take your OU hate somewhere else as Mayfield had nothing to do with either person's actions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom