Browns star Garrett facing NFL discipline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had to defend myself against a woman before. She was trying to punch me in the face and all I did is raise my arms to block it. and she landed one square on my elbow and broke the ring finger bone in the back of her hand. Collateral damage by her but I never touched her until I bear hugged her and carried her out the back door and then I ran back in. Problem solved. She was plenty feisty and I guess Toolbag would justify hitting her. Bless his heart.
Thats when I knew my marriage needed over lol.

I gather you, like many, have been in a fight or two, and can usually figure out intent, or a true threat. If someone threatens you, pushes, postures etc etc.... they're not a threat and likely won't hit you. If someone is going to hurt you, they don't usually broadcast it. That's my experiences anyways. I dated some feisty nutjobs back in the day..... never knocked one out though LOL.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sort of applicable. In a way...

Hockey meme.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do know you are all getting spun up about an NFL game, right? It probably has ZERO bearing on your life and those around you. Don't buy into the madness and outrage.

I disagree. The initial question was about the NFL incident. This has blown up into what people think about an entirely different subject and escalated to threatening violence if certain lines are crossed when other parties are around. This has nothing to do with the NFL incident.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After careful consideration, I've changed my mind. After Garrett unnecessarily roughed the passer (and a flag was thrown for it), and he got through holding Rudolph on the ground longer than necessary, ripped off his helmet and used it as a weapon to hit Rudolph in the head, he did curl up in a little ball like a coward once he found himself confronted by two offensive lineman. At that point Pouncey shouldn't have tried to hit and kick Garrett, no matter how ineffectual and pathetic the attempt was. Therefore he does deserve the suspension too, because rules are rules.
I'm not saying Garrett didn't deserve Pouncey's attentions, or even that I absolutely wouldn't have done the same in his situation, just that Pouncey earned his suspension.

Hell, Pouncey deserves to be suspended for such ineffectual flailing. I can just see Mean Joe doing a double face-palm while watching that.

DeCastro, the dude who put Garrett down in the end zone, was totally justified, IMHO, and he did it without throwing a punch. Heck, all he really did was separate him from Rudolph until the jackass swung the helmet, then he took him down like an offensive lineman should. That was quite the pancake block. Dunno if he got a fine for it, but if he did, the front office ought to pay it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom