Browns star Garrett facing NFL discipline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously?

Yep. My own mother (who was also a cop) taught me this simple lesson. If a girl wants to fight you like a man, she damn well better be able to get hit like a man. That female hit Mixon in the face and grab his throat. She, quite violently, attacked him. I've seen guys get hurt pretty seriously because they refused to defend themself against a woman. Sorry, but not for me. The truth is that the only reason Mixon got in trouble was his attacker was a female. The law should not work like that. It should be gender neutral. If that had been a 110 lb guy who attacked Mixon, no one would have blinked. If that chick had attacked Rhonda Rousey like that, no one would have been surprised at the outcome. But hey, this chick attacks a taller, well built guy and the guy fights back so he is the bad guy?

Mixon's only mistake was to stick around after she called him the N word. He should have just turned and walked away. That mistake does not give her the right to hit him in the face or grab his throat.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little old gal shoves him in the chest, and he's free to break her face?
If she pushed him again would he have not had the upper body strength to control her?
We've been through this before. Men should act like men. You don't hit a girl who's no real threat to you.

Anyone is threat who is willing to attack you. I don't care what gender or size they are. That saying of "Men don't hit women" was for a time when women didn't act like that chick. Like I said, the ONLY reason Mixon got in trouble was because he was attacked by a woman. Legally he had every right to defend himself. And it was a bit more than a shove to the chest. She hit him right in the face and grabbed his throat. If all she had done was push him in the chest, I would agree that she was less of a threat. But it was much more than that and anyone who watched the video knows it.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone is threat who is willing to attack you. I don't care what gender or size they are. That saying of "Men don't hit women" was for a time when women didn't act like that chick. Like I said, the ONLY reason Mixon got in trouble was because he was attacked by a woman. Legally he had every right to defend himself. And it was a bit more than a shove to the chest. She hit him right in the face and grabbed his throat. If all she had done was push him in the chest, I would agree that she was less of a threat. But it was much more than that and anyone who watched the video knows it.

Interesting. Says a whole lot about you.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First, Mixon did nothing wrong. End of story. (yep, the fur is gonna fly with that comment). Second, Garrett was on the team a lot longer than Mayfield, so take your OU hate somewhere else as Mayfield had nothing to do with either person's actions.
Take it somewhere else?
But the fishin is good here

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Says a whole lot about you.

Yep, I guess it does. I refuse to be a victim, that includes getting attacked by a woman who thinks that I won't fight because because I'm a guy. Like I said I've seen some guys get really messed up because they didn't defend themself against a woman attacker. And there is a lot of females out there who are under the impression they have the right to attack a guy without retribution. Videos like that are all the same. Girl hits guy, guy does nothing and people call him a wuss. Girl hits guy, guy hits back and he is called a thug, trash, etc. Society singles out the guy every time they are attacked by a female.

Simple fact of life: don't want to get hit? Don't swing at someone.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mixon was dead wrong.

Mayfield and Rudolph are friends and he spoke out about it.

Garrett is dead wrong too, but you don't see this much outrage when a pitcher throws at someone's head.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Tanis143, there used to be a thing called common sense. It was something we used to evaluate particular situations. There were general rules, sure, but people didn't always take them literally. In a situation like Mixon's you would respond only with the force necessary to defend yourself. If a female cage fighter or a woman with a knife attacks you, you do whatever is necessary.

What do you have the right to do if a child or a feeble old woman attacks you?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Tanis143, there used to be a thing called common sense. It was something we used to evaluate particular situations. There were general rules, sure, but people didn't always take them literally. In a situation like Mixon's you would respond only with the force necessary to defend yourself. If a female cage fighter or a woman with a knife attacks you, you do whatever is necessary.

What do you have the right to do if a child or a feeble old woman attacks you?

Answer me this: if that had been a 110 lb beanpole guy who attacked Mixon, would you say he shouldn't have swung because he is stronger? Hell, even the arresting deputy had stated that the only reason he got charged was his attacker was a female. Does Mixon being an in shape, strong, athlete put him in a separate class of people that have less rights to defend themself because they are typically stronger than other people? If that's the case than we shouldn't be allowed to shoot someone who comes at us with a knife. The firearm is giving us an unfair advantage, at least that is the argument here. The fact of the matter is she hit him in the face, grabbed his throat at which point he hit her once and backed off when she was no longer a threat. He didn't hit first. The biggest mistake he made was not walking away, but come on, he was 19 at the time and that age is not known for making the brightest decisions. If that female had been a male with a similar build Mixon would be hailed as showing restraint in just throwing one punch.

I guess this is a dead horse that has little flesh left to beat. You may disagree with me, that's fine. But I was taught, as I said, by my own mother that if a woman attacks me I have the right to defend myself. After seeing how women fight and the damage they can inflict on guys who are stronger than them, I'll listen to my mom over anyone else's misguided thoughts of chivalry in that type of situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom