Bud light next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone tried this so called zero carb beer? I don't know how it can be zero carb since the alcohol will turn to sugar in your system. Well unless you rent the beer for less time than normal.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love it. Hated it at first taste but now it's my "go to". I've always been a Bud Light guy. Oddly my second choice if I'm outside of home is Michelob Ultra which I use to call tasteless.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1662992009102.png

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone tried this so called zero carb beer? I don't know how it can be zero carb since the alcohol will turn to sugar in your system. Well unless you rent the beer for less time than normal.

I think you’re going off of some old information there RickN. Alcohol doesn’t turn into sugar in the body. It can’t.

Now Beer on the other hand can turn into and make sugar in the body because it has carbs. Carbs can turn into sugar.

So what I’m guessing is, it’s probably water down alcohol. I haven’t tried one of these beverages yet. Not sure I’d like it

Last year I tried something that I imagine it would be comparable too. It was made by Henry’s. They made a ginger beer that I liked and then all of a sudden you couldn’t find it anymore. Went good in a Moscow mule.

Anyways they had some seltzer beer abominations. It didn’t really click in my head what it would taste like. Pretty much a Perrier water that had alcohol in it. I like mineral water but I didn’t like that beverage. Not sure what I did with the other 5 drinks but I either threw it out or gave it away.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha Ha, I am a lake person. Sometimes I get extra water in my real beer, but it is only by accident. I like the real standard American stuff but a few darkers every once in a while. Grew up on Coors. Then I do have to say. Have a GF that was an Alcoholic and has not had a drink in almost 10 months, but like me, likes the taste of having a few beers. She introduced me to new stuff that is out on the market I had not known about, PBR is my favorite, but Bud, Coors, and Bush have some total zero alcohol beers that are not too bad, if you like the "Lite" taste, to me they are similar. I can sometimes have a few of them before I give up and have to go to the real stuff.

As many of you know, I have an opinion of nutrican concerning loosing weight which I have had to do two times in my life and worked with many others along the way. Had an old Dr. look me in the eye before he would have had to fail me for an FAA exam when I was 27 YO. "Instead of counding carbs or calories, or starving yourself, you need to think what would happen if you took grains of any kind out of your diet that your body can not process and stores as fat for 30 days and get off the salt. (I used a lot back then) I will have the receptionist make you an appointment in 35 days. You need to do your part if you want your flight phisical to go with your license. Done/Get out." I did my part and got my FAA physical, and keep it up.

If I start getting a little heavy, back off the grains of any kind, bread, pizza dough, spaghetti, stuff like that. Not totally, but mostly. Wheat is a filler, in over 50% of what we eat. Ever see a drawing on a caveman wall of them out pulling up wheat and eating it? Nope. Yes added corn later, but not grains for a long time in history. JMO

I had an Aunt who mixed vodka in her water. She said it non fatning. Humm

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a beer or two on occasion. Like Coors Light, like Coors Banquet.
Most of the Mexican beers are good to go.
Dark British beers, no go.
What I really like is the breweries that produce a beer that is an IPA, high in IBU and high in alcohol.
The high alcohol comes with the high IBU.
To me it tastes like grapefruit juice and I love that stuff. One or two and I'm done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom