Burglary last night / Stolen guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread inspired me to replace all of my door strike plates (deadbolt and knob) with 3" screws.

3 doors, 10 screws. Took about 10 minutes. Hey it isn't perfect (what is?), but it was surprising the mismatched assortment used by whomever installed the doors (two new in the last 10 years). Several of the screws were only .75 inches long

:eek2:

Cheap insurance.

trollkepr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being robbed really sux. It makes you feel really vulnerable. It is not just the loss of the items. With the safe. Make sure it is bolted from the inside into a concrete slab or to a steel plate across the rafters if your house is not on a slab or it is on an upper floor. With the doors. Obviously get a steel door with a long dead bolt type lock but more importantly, install it into a steel door frame and securely bolt the steel frame into the wall studs. Make it so if they try to pull the door or security bars off the whole wall will have to come down.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked my wife and she thinks we shaved $480 a year off our insurance when we installed the alarm service,but shes not 100% sure. It is sometimes a pain to mess with it, but in the end totally worth it with all I have to keep safe.

+1 on locking guns up when leaving the house,also a pain in the arse,but necessary. As is meds. If I am leaving and not coming back for a while my guns and any narcotic meds go in the gun safe,which is big and heavy and bolted to our slab foundation.

Thieves are real ****heads,the lowest of the low.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they are required to run the serial numbers against a stolen weapon database of some sort before buying them.

In the olden days A lot of pawn shops ran 2 ffls. 1 for pawn and one for regular sales. If you pawned it they had to hold it a certain number of days and turn in the numbers. If you sold it. They could put it out and sell it 5 minutes later. I think it still works that way today. Thats why you see on "pawn stars" he always asks do you want to pawn it or sell it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom